PDA

View Full Version : How much would this own?

circuitbreaker8
12-13-04, 11:57 PM
Imagine a remake of BF1942 using the Crytek engine or the Source engine! Its still my all time favorite game, but its really starting to show its age in terms of graphics/sound/gameplay/physics etc..All it needs is a new engine to back it up. Wish I knew how to do this kinda stuff, I dont think I would ever leave the house till its done (snowlol)

superklye
12-14-04, 12:08 AM
I always despised the BF games...I don't know why, something about the gameplay mechanics, I think...I always felt CoD were better games. That and BF never let me go higher than 1280x960.

That and flying planes/choppers is damn near impossible. I would just try to crash into the ground taking out as many people as I could.

If they could fix the gameplay, allow 1280x1024 AND make it more realistic in the Crytek engine, I'd be all over it. Hell, ANY WWII game in the Crytek engine would be awesome.

aAv7
12-14-04, 12:09 AM
I could never get into BF1942 either....controls felt so stiff and I just didn't like the weapons or mechanics. Also seemed to lag on every server I tried. It's a good idea for fans of the series tho.

Zolden
12-14-04, 01:11 AM
I think BF1942's Desert Combat mod was most likely my favorite multiplayer game of all time. Aside from maybe Tribes 2.

I think your 'own' wish is gonna be answered in 2005 anyway, circuit. Battlefield 2 is coming out with what seems to be a good engine and tons of amazing game features. It's also set in modern times this time.

I'm not 100% on the engine but alpha gameplay videos show very good ragdoll physics of guys dying/falling off building tops.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243162.asp

XP_GUN
12-14-04, 01:13 AM
I got into BF1942 as well as DC and got dang good at it too well exepted when I dident fly. (cheers) I hope that BF2 will have a smother and better gameplay.

Edge
12-14-04, 02:52 AM
I thought BF1942 was OK, but I didn't REALLY get into it until Desert Combat came out and had the helicopter. OMG, I LOVED that thing, it was just so fun mastering the controls and doing crazy things like barrel rolls and ground strafing.

On the subject of BF1942 in a new engine, I think someone actually asked Gabe Newell if this would be possible in Source, and he basically responded that yes it would be with only a few modifications. Might not be too bad, although I'm not sure if it would work out. Still, if they could add a chopper in there and use Havok 2 physics for it, I might have a lot of fun rediscovering that game :D