PDA

View Full Version : Wy Coolbits, registry Hack?

rohit
12-15-04, 07:51 AM
i was wondering, y do we require coolbits registry hacks to enable all options in the nvidia control panel. y are they not displayed by default.?

(options like Overcloking tabs, temp tabs..etc.)

jolle
12-15-04, 07:57 AM
i was wondering, y do we require coolbits registry hacks to enable all options in the nvidia control panel. y are they not displayed by default.?

(options like Overcloking tabs, temp tabs..etc.)

So people who shouldnt be fiddling with the OC settings wont do it I guess.
Same reason Dell and those kind of companies use BIOSes with almost every setting hidden from the User, less things to fiddle with, less chance of breaking things, less calls to the support..

OCing as far as I know viods warranty doesnt it?
Its a "do on your own risk" thing usually, and if you know what your doing your prolly handy enough to enable the CoolBits part yourself.
(NVtweak does it easy I think)

Some companies supply own OC tools, such as my GigaByte comes with V-tuner II.
The Temperature Tab could be enabled by default I spose, prolly some reason behind it tho..
I cant check my temp in ForceWare If Im right, diff sensor, check it in V-Tuner II..

$n][pErMan
12-15-04, 01:52 PM
They are like tests. If you are not able to unlock the tools then you probably should not be messing with clock speeds. Utilities to OC your cards that come with your video card generally will not kill it. I know if I use ExperTool to OC my 6800GT the max it will let me go on the core is 427mhz and the max memory is like 1600mhz (which is acctually kind of high oddly). Where as if I used coolbits I could go way higher. But you also have to look at the fact.... is it really worth risk your hardware for a few extra points on a benchmark or a few more FPS on a game that your already getting 60+ in.

Nebuchadnezzar
12-15-04, 06:08 PM
[pErMan']is it really worth risk your hardware for a few extra points on a benchmark or a few more FPS on a game that your already getting 60+ in.
Yes.

NemesisChild
12-16-04, 06:08 PM
Yes.

But you also have to look at the fact.... is it really worth risk your hardware for a few extra points on a benchmark or a few more FPS on a game that your already getting 60+ in.

No.