PDA

View Full Version : windows error while setting up xp pro

bluefire7
12-15-04, 11:32 AM
have you guys ever encountered an error setting up windows xp professional where it gives you the "IRQ equals lesser or Equal" or something.. and then sometimes the CD-ROM doesn't work.. like the light doesn't come on while its setting up? this is seriously pissin me off.. (mikec)

saturnotaku
12-15-04, 11:44 AM
Need more information please. System specs, where in the install process this is happening, etc.

Those errors typically come about because of bad system RAM. If you're overclocking, reset everything back to defaults and try again. If that doesn't work, try running memtest86 and see if it comes back with errors.

bluefire7
12-15-04, 01:34 PM
it happens as it's copying files from the CD. it just freezes there, and the cd sounds like it is moving, but the light isn't on. sometimes it gets through maybe 65% and then gives the aforementioned error..

i'm running:
AXP 3000+ Barton | ThermalTake TR2
BFG 6800GT
Abit A7V-Max2
1GB DDR333 ram
Lite-On 52x52x32 CDRW

dsessom
12-15-04, 11:11 PM
Need more information please. System specs, where in the install process this is happening, etc.

Those errors typically come about because of bad system RAM. If you're overclocking, reset everything back to defaults and try again. If that doesn't work, try running memtest86 and see if it comes back with errors.

Agreed. That error is nearly always caused by faulty memory. If you have more than one stick, pull one of them and try the install again. If it happens again, try the the other stick alone.

JediKnight
12-16-04, 02:26 AM
Agree with dsessom. I had same identical problem a year ago and recently again. I would get the blue screen of death. Took a stick out and everything was fine. One of the mem sticks was bad and replaced it. Everything was fine after that.

bluefire7
12-16-04, 03:50 PM
i reset the CMOS and everything is all good again.. i musta had a bad setting somewhere. strange though cuz it was working fine with those settings.. only happened when i was installing xp. thanks for the advice anyways guys!