PDA

View Full Version : Users of Abit NF8 and 6800 series please report here...

d2thez
12-15-04, 06:14 PM
Ok, I have a MSI K8N Neo Platinum anda BFG 6800 Ultra. That combination causes me several-second freezing whenever Fastwrites are enabled. This freezing last a few seconds, and then everything returns to normal. This appears to be a fairly common problem with Nforce3 250 motherboards.

That said, I noticed the Abit's NF8 motherboard has a new bios release, 1.2, which has "Enhance AGP compatability" in its release notes.

Can anybody with this motherboard and a 6800 based card confirm that this bios may fix that issue? If so, it may mean that Nvidia has discovered the fix and will be supplying it to all motherboard makers to include in future bios updates. Thank you so much for your help!!!

saturnotaku
12-15-04, 10:12 PM
If disabling Fast Writes works for you, why don't you use it? It's not like there's a vast amount of performance to be gained by having it enabled.

d2thez
12-16-04, 02:21 PM
I am aware that vast performance gain will not be noticed in terms of raw FPS, but for me, games run much smoother with less chugging and hitching. But then it freezes....and that is a huge chug/hitch.

It is a preference thing you know, and I am just trying to get it solved.

shoes
12-16-04, 04:24 PM
If disabling Fast Writes works for you, why don't you use it? It's not like there's a vast amount of performance to be gained by having it enabled.

actually none at all.