PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen Of Death??

Pages : [1] 2

Straithottie
12-16-04, 12:07 PM
I been having these major issues with my computer. When I reinstall the drivers from the nividia website.. 66.93. I play a game for abit, and then all sudden it crashes to the blue screen of death. Nndply.dll...or something that...Stop....000020230320...I get that error..some serious error.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Cream
12-16-04, 01:25 PM
Funny I've been having the same problem today???

Only done it with NFSU2 as of yet... but it comes up with the BSOD then dumps the memory..

All sort of wierd things have been happening, lost my coolbit reg for O/C now it keeps lossing my Nvidia tags and going back to standard tags and 640x480. Think/hope I've go it sorted now after several re-installs.

I've also Uninstalled NFSU2 and I'm going to try re-installing it.....

Sorry I've not been any help....

P.S. I've been using these drivers for weeks.... The only thing I know that has changed as I've done a windows update....hmmm...... have you?

Delbert
12-16-04, 01:37 PM
i did a windows update last night and it totally messed up my Joint Ops connection... i removed one of the hot fixes KB886185 and all is okay now.

I have not have ant BSOD though... sry.

Cream
12-16-04, 01:52 PM
i did a windows update last night and it totally messed up my Joint Ops connection... i removed one of the hot fixes KB886185 and all is okay now.

I have not have ant BSOD though... sry.

Hmmmm that's one of the one's I insalled today.....

wonder if I've uninstalled NFSU2 for nothing :( I had a loverly MX5 with load bling :(

$n][pErMan
12-16-04, 02:14 PM
Dont feel bad.... for whatever screwed up reasons... with any drivers above 61.77 I get BSOD's from portcls.sys which is a windows audio system file!! It makes 0 sense. Ive been trying to figure this one out for weeks.

oozish
12-16-04, 04:02 PM
I recently got the BSOD and thought it was due to 70.xx drivers. It would BSOD just sitting at windows when I was away, due to nvcpl.dll or something....anyway, I went back to 67.02...still BSOD! Then I remembered I'd been lazy and hadn't used drivercleaner and safe mode install like I usually do.

If you've been installing beta drivers at all, do a clean install by removing the old drivers, boot to safe mode..run driver cleaner...reboot and install drivers in safe mode again. That's probably overkill on the reboots but I promise it should fix your problem.

Straithottie
12-16-04, 08:19 PM
How do you Run Driver Cleaner, what's that Under. I been playing simcity, and it crashed on me again...I been using the most updated Beta Version. 67.2. Driver It seems that dont work either.. and how do you reboot it in safe mode...sorry Im asking all these questions.. F8?

chadashcroft22
12-16-04, 09:27 PM
Try under rivatuner enable motherboard chipset comptibility mode.

Straithottie
12-16-04, 09:43 PM
Where is that?

Cream
12-17-04, 07:15 AM
Seem to have sorted mine...
Uninstalled NFSU2, un-installed .6693. reinstalled drivers then NFSU2 with the added bonus it's still got my saved game :D
I must have just had a corrupt file, thank God I was begining to think my card had gone tits up.

pic added of my MX5 :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=498018&posted=1#post498018

gsboriqua
12-17-04, 09:39 PM
The saved games in NFS2 are in your my documents folder, not in the game directory...Just FYI

Cream
12-18-04, 11:46 AM
NNNnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo it's back, and it's doing it on HL2 as well...

oozish
12-19-04, 09:41 AM
I got a BSOD with 71.20's again, and I know i did a clean install. That's never happened any 5.xx or 6.xx drivers, so it's back to 66.xx driver for me.

Cream
12-19-04, 06:07 PM
Bloody hell this is doing my head in now. I thought I had it sorted again, by putting the latest drives from Nvidias ftp. the only thing I can think it is now is FRAPS. I've uninstalled it now. I'm going to have to re-install the latest Nvidia drivers and see how it goes.

I've tried doing a search on the error I'm getting without much sucess

0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80535E23, 0xf4d59ab8, 0x00000000)

first part

0x0000008e

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty.
The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows XP.

but when I do a search on the whole error message it's very close to an error caused by Nv4_disp.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325730#kb1

the bold bit keeps on changing??

red_star
12-19-04, 08:16 PM
AMD system is crap...that's why you're getting errors and BSOD in UT2004 with older drivers.

AMD CPU itself is a great, but everything else is a crap...

saturnotaku
12-19-04, 08:38 PM
I've tried doing a search on the error I'm getting without much sucess

0x0000008e (0xc0000005, 0x80535E23, 0xf4d59ab8, 0x00000000)

first part

0x0000008e

Have you tried disabling DEP? If you search for DEP and UT2004 in this forum you'll find out how to do it by editing your boot.ini file. It helps get rid of the BSOD upon exiting UT2004 and it might work in your case.

Cream
12-20-04, 03:05 AM
I don't play UT2004!!!!!!

It's need for speed underground 2 and Halflife 2 I'm playing at the moment...

And it's nothing to do with my Athlon 64. It's been solid since I built it untill these last couple of days.
The only things that have changed that I know about are....

I tried the extreme g drivers which my P.C. hated I'm back on the latedest official driver now.

Zone alarm has updated

XP has updated which was mentioned earlier in this thread..

I've installed FRAPS which I had never used before..

ginfest
12-20-04, 08:59 AM
I had the same prob out of nowhere the other day. I thought it was the 71.20 drvs although they had been working for a week, thought it was some other stuff but it turned out to be 1 of my mem sticks. I used "Memtest 86" to check both sticks and got errors like crazy. Pulled 1 and no errors, swapped them errors are back. Now waiting on an RMA running at 1/2 mem but at least it's stable.
I'd run some mem test (in DOS) if you can't get it sorted.

Mike G

oozish
12-20-04, 07:07 PM
mem test is not the problem with me. I know my hardware and my overclocks are 100% stable.

saturnotaku
12-20-04, 07:21 PM
I don't play UT2004!!!!!!

It's need for speed underground 2 and Halflife 2 I'm playing at the moment...

And it's nothing to do with my Athlon 64. It's been solid since I built it untill these last couple of days.
The only things that have changed that I know about are....

I tried the extreme g drivers which my P.C. hated I'm back on the latedest official driver now.

Zone alarm has updated

XP has updated which was mentioned earlier in this thread..

I've installed FRAPS which I had never used before..

Not the brightest flashlight in the bunch are 'ya? Did you actually try disabling DEP to see if maybe it would help you in the games you play?

Cream
12-21-04, 01:58 AM
It getting worse and worse, forgeting settinging not booting etc...

I have a Isass.exe virus which is slowly killing my P.C. I'm having to type this in safe mode as it now won't boot into windows.. :(

goto try save some info onto my second partition and format my drive :(

Bast@rd Viruses.... and that's with norton and zone alarm :(

also what is DEP?.. as I guess I'm not the brightest flashlight in the bunch ;)

Cream
12-21-04, 02:26 AM
Scrap that I've found out what DEP is :)
can't even boot into windows now get this error...

lsass.exe system error
the end point format is invalid

?????

oozish
12-21-04, 08:00 AM
hmm, odd. That's a service:

Description:
lsass.exe is a system process of the Microsoft Windows security mechanisms. It specifically deals with local security and login policies. Note: lsass.exe also relates to the Windang.worm, irc.ratsou.b, Webus.B, MyDoom.L, Randex.AR, Nimos.worm which spread via floppy disk drives, mass-mailing and peer-to-peer sharing. Please review file path for clarification of this.

Cream
12-23-04, 10:46 AM
Well I'e taken it to a local P.C. shop and there are a couple of things wrong with my P.C>

1. He removed several viruses which Norton hadn't found.....nice............

2. One of my stick of memory has gone tits up...... It's always nice to know when you invest 220 in 1 gig of quality memory it going to go tits up grrrrr. This is the second time I'e had problems with corsair memory the pro stuff wouldn't even run in my P.C.

Cream
12-31-04, 01:45 PM
Finally sorted my P.C. out.

I got a new PSU Tagan 480W. Very nice PSU with a 28amp out put on the 12volt, and even includes a dedicated VGA 12V output. Anyway thats the gloating over with as it didn't help :)

Turns out it was my Drivers. I was using the latest official drives. I then went back to 61.77 but that didn't help. Yet the International 61.77 seem to have sorted the problem out. It's running fine now.
It's real odd because I have ad the other drivers in my P.C. since they where released???
Hope this proves of help to others in the future....

Anyways ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR....