View Full Version : Flat out problem
I can't play flat out, it crashes to desktop when I try to run it at 1024x768, at 800x600 it plays for like 20 seconds and crash to desktop.
I play other games like Doom3 and half life2 no problems at all.
windows 2000 sp4
512mb ddr 400
Use the 67.02 drivers . they should fix the crashing issue in Flatout . they did for me !
12-16-04, 07:07 PM
Do you have the demo version or the full version? Back when I had downloaded the demo version of it at least, I had the same issue. I was running it at 1280x1024 with a 6800Gt overclocked. First I thought it was my clock frequencies of either my CPU or video card, so I put everything to stock. I then reverted to different drivers, I believe the latest official drivers from Nvidia's site and still same problem. I then heard that sometimes having Emulation programs, such as "Daemon Tools" or "Clone Cd" cause the game to crash due to its copyright protection embeded on the CD. I uninstalled those programs since I had them and it solved the problem automatically. Hopefully that helps you out.
12-16-04, 07:17 PM
If you have the retail copy you can try the patch http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/flatout/flatout_v11.zip.html
FlatOut PC patch v1.1
To install the patch:
Copy the Flatout.exe, patch.bfs and patch.ini files to the root of the install
folder (by default this is c:\program files\empire interactive\flatout) and run
The following items have been fixed or improved:
* Fix for the nVidia 66.93 drivers. The game no longer crashes when a race is
started. The game has also been tested up to the 67.03 drivers with no problems
* Engine fire burns aligned to the car's coordinates, e.g. when the car is
upside down, flames go down.
* Tuning menu: BHP meter and colors randomly switch when changing profile.
* Flip back and forth to statistics screen and the BHP grows bug.
* Force feedback slows game in some cases.
* 5.1 sound support is not working on some setups.
* Disconnects when returning to the lobby in multiplayer games.
* When the game briefly minimizes before starting a multiplayer game, sometimes
gives a blue screen (this is quite rare, but it does happen sometimes)
* Only 2 players can play if NetLimiter is installed.
* Bug with public ip detection, if the commandline network options are used.
* Enabled a switch to allow the player to turn off ragdoll in single player
(located in the Options Menu).
* Enabled multiplayer destruction derby.
got the patch, tnx
this game is awesome (xmasgrin) (xmasgrin)
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.