PDA

View Full Version : Strange WoW problem

Elderblaze
12-16-04, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, I have a problem in WoW after i've played for awhile, or after a death especially, strange tirangle holes start opening up on the world floor, they are grey and almost look like artifacts, if this was the only issue it would be bearable, unfortunatly you can fall thru the holes and die, to the point where you have to get a res everytime and cost 3-5 sp to fix your gear. I've tried multiple drivers and it still seems to happen, right now im runing 5.10 forceware and 67.02 Extreme G's. Im not overclocking my graphics hardware, and I don't get artifacts or crashes in other games. Dosent look so much like an artifact as a rendering error.

Runing 6800GT, MSI NEO2, Athlon 64 @2500, 1gb corsair value. WinXp SP2.

Regards,
Mike

Vagrant Zero
12-16-04, 06:24 PM
Well if they effect your in-game character they must be from the game. Probabley your card just isn't rendering them right. Unfortunetly I can't offer much else, don't have the game, never played it. Good luck with your problem though.

tardeaux
12-17-04, 09:11 AM
If you can fall through the holes, that sounds like a problem in the game itself, and not just a rendering hiccup. Have you tried a complete reinstall of the game?

Elderblaze
12-17-04, 11:58 PM
Yeah, it's really werid eh? no i havent tried reinstalling, that dident seem to make much sense, but I may as well give it a shot eh?

Thanks,
Mike

Elderblaze
12-18-04, 05:55 AM
That did not help, i've just decided to run the game in OpenGL mode, it's not as fast or pretty, but still looks good and it's stable at least.

Ruined
12-18-04, 02:09 PM
hmm, that is odd, i do not have this problem using nvidia 67.02 drivers.

mikedep333
12-18-04, 04:55 PM
If you can fall through the holes, that sounds like a problem in the game itself, and not just a rendering hiccup. Have you tried a complete reinstall of the game?

Exactly.

Elderblaze
12-19-04, 01:29 AM
I think i've actually tracked this down to not enough Vcore on my A64. That's pretty odd as you wouldent think it would produce this kind of bug. I recently lowered my vcore down without properly testing it though. I bumped it up and havent seen this issue since, however I've only looked for about 30 minutes, normally the issue pops up in 5 minutes though.

Regards,
Mike

ChrisRay
12-19-04, 01:48 AM
Hmm Playing WoW with the 67.03 and dont have this problem. I did have a problem with the newer drivers where the menu corrupted by the 67.03 work great for me.

Elderblaze
12-19-04, 04:38 AM
Did you give up on StutterQuest 2 ChrisRay? hehe

I did.

Regards,
Mike