PDA

View Full Version : HaloUT

superklye
12-17-04, 02:08 AM
I dunno if anyone else has heard about this, but I just saw it posted over at planetunreal. It looks ****ing amazing! Excellent models, high res skins for both the characters AND the landscapes...I can't wait to play this!

http://torlan.forerunners.org/

GamerGuyX
12-17-04, 05:19 PM
http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/smilies/Image_too_slow.gif

superklye
12-17-04, 10:57 PM
I know, the image loading is terribly slow...but trust me: i looks phenomenal.

Cruel_Logic
12-18-04, 11:25 AM
link doesn't load at all

superklye
12-18-04, 01:24 PM
link doesn't load at all
sigh

That site sucks. The mod looks fantastic, but the site is just such a raging POS.

Kev1
12-18-04, 11:58 PM
That looks FANTASTIC! Great WMV movie too! (snow=D)

Connaught
12-19-04, 03:07 AM
It looks great and all but, I don't think it will ever be completed.
Why?
This game has law suite written all over it. Chances are that Bungie, backed by microsoft will do anything and everything in their power to prevent this game from being formally released to the public and order the extermination of the project.
Now I'm no lawyer, so I do not know the excate technical b.s terms they will use to bring down the project but it will happen.
Just wait.

Toss3
12-19-04, 07:05 AM
well, maybe they have an agreement with microsoft? and why would this mod even affect the halo sales? I for one blieve that this will only give Halo free pr ;) but your right... it's microsoft... why would they care if it's a great mod or not?

Head_slinger
12-19-04, 08:32 AM
Seeing as mods are distributed for free, im not sure if they can bring a law suit against it. All the content has been remade etc.

DivisioN
12-19-04, 08:39 AM
It looks great and all but, I don't think it will ever be completed.
Why?
This game has law suite written all over it. Chances are that Bungie, backed by microsoft will do anything and everything in their power to prevent this game from being formally released to the public and order the extermination of the project.
Now I'm no lawyer, so I do not know the excate technical b.s terms they will use to bring down the project but it will happen.
Just wait.
Umm, no it won’t. As some of the members of the development team have stated on the Atari forums. It seems that they have reached an agreement with parties involved regarding copyright material and other legal issues. So this mod is in no way in danger of being halted.

Connaught
12-19-04, 02:23 PM
That is good to hear.
My concerns came from a FREE online internet game that used the races of orcs,dwarves,elves, halflings...etc and I think it had something affiliated with the LOTR and it got shut down because of its closeness to the Lord of the Rings....I ws dissapointed because it was such a fun little game...

WeReWoLf
12-19-04, 04:57 PM
Bungie is actually well known for letting the mods get away with things. See the Halo DM mod for Battlefield Vietnam.

superklye
12-20-04, 06:56 PM
I really wish someone would make a Marathon 2 conversion in say the UT2k4, Doom 3 or Source engine. Marathon 2 is the game that introduced me to FPS gaming and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the fine folks at Bungie.

superklye
02-11-05, 04:50 PM
www.planetunreal.com

HaloUT Public Release 1.75 Released! - Virax -
2/8/05 15:22 PST - UT2004 Modifications
Project Torlan has finally released PR-1.75 of HaloUT! There's a vast amount of content in this release, and there's several mirrors for your downloading pleasure. Here's what you'll be getting...

* 65 Models/Skins; all with team colors
* Brand New Species Code; applicable to all species
* 3 Weapons; AR, Pistol, and Plasma Rifle
* 3 Vehicles; 5 with variations, all with Team colors
* Multiple Gametypes; 4 Maps
* 8 Mutators, and 3 Voicepacks

And here's where you can get it:

* Filefront:
o HaloUT 1.75 (164mb UMOD in RAR)
o HaloUT 1.75 (200mb UMOD in ZIP)
o HaloUT 1.75 (164mb RAR)
o HaloUT 1.75 (200mb ZIP)