PDA

View Full Version : Extreme G 71.20 out now......

Pages : [1] 2

Darkoz
12-17-04, 07:30 AM
Extreme G 71.20 driver is now ready for download....
http://valancestudios.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

EverGreen
12-17-04, 07:44 AM
Cool, thanks for the TIP of the day! so its testing time...... (snowcool)

|MaguS|
12-17-04, 07:57 AM
Do these fix the glossy CS:S Aztec bug?

Delbert
12-17-04, 08:17 AM
Just tried these.... seems they have the same rendering issue in Joint Ops as the standard 71.20 set ( generic 71.20 problem by look of it )....

Trees flicker between images in attached screen shots....

Delbert
12-17-04, 08:47 AM
tried these in HL2 also... frame rates went up... but got some issues with item appearing/disappearing... ( see screenies )

UPDATE:- items appear/disappear after taking slight step forward/backwards. they do not 'flicker' whilst standing still like in the Joint Ops issue.

Devourer
12-17-04, 08:58 AM
Delbert. Are you OCing anything in your comp?

JRd1st
12-17-04, 08:59 AM
tried these in HL2 also... frame rates went up... but got some issues with item appearing/disappearing... ( see screenies )

Did you try setting the Negative LOD Bias to Clamp? Just curious if it would fix this. I never see these problems so I never got a chance to try that setting out.

SquireSCA
12-17-04, 09:04 AM
I have tried all of these drivers, includung the VDX series, and all of the drivers higher than 66.81 cause my system to stutter when launching an AVI or MPEG in media player. I even did a clean install of WInXP Pro, same thing. I try all the other drivers, and I get the mouse stutter when I launch or close Media Player. I use driver cleaner between each drive install. And like clockwork, the problem always always goes away when I go back to the 66.81WHQL.

Any idears? The new drivers looked great, I tried the VDX 67.02a drivers last night and the games looked awesome, but I cannot live with that stuttering problem with media player. I remember seeing other people with the same problem...

Delbert
12-17-04, 09:07 AM
Hi Devourer... yes i OC 6800Gt to 400/1050... also push my P4 2.53 to 2.8 ( sad i know... saving for an upgrade ).
JRd1st... yes i got Negative LOD Bias set to clamp...
Problem also apparent elsewhere ( railing disappearing at certain distances and then come back )...
Never had these issues with 67.03 i was using...
At least these allow 8xAA in HL2 without some terrible tearing i saw in 67.03 set...

I am a newbie, so any advice on what i am doing wrong, pls let me know...

BTW... i did do a DriverClean this morning...

Devourer
12-17-04, 09:17 AM
Try setting your v-card to default speed. The JO issue looks like an OC issue to me.

Delbert
12-17-04, 09:27 AM
Devourer... thx for the tip... tried standard clocks still the same ( see new screenies ... last set i am going to post before i get knobbled )...

I would like to use the 67.22 set (great performance), but they do not have Negative LOD Bias clamp setting.... :-(

Devourer
12-17-04, 09:48 AM
try setting your CPU to its default as well. Infact set everything to its default clocks. If you have a closed tower take the door off. Oh. Btw. I noticed you said you didn't have this problem with 67.03. I would go back to those then. Sometimes drivers just don't like your setup.

Delbert
12-17-04, 10:33 AM
thx for replies Devourer.... back to 67.03 now and all is back as it should be ( OC same as i always have )... no need to have case open... My temps are quite reasonable ( 48gpu/32Amb idle... 68/43 rthdribl runing for 1 hour... cpu 42)...

Thnx for all help. Pls keep it coming... (urock)

Rakeesh
12-17-04, 10:37 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "extreme g?"

Devourer
12-17-04, 10:50 AM
thx for replies Devourer.... back to 67.03 now and all is back as it should be ( OC same as i always have )... no need to have case open... My temps are quite reasonable ( 48gpu/32Amb idle... 68/43 rthdribl runing for 1 hour... cpu 42)...

Thnx for all help. Pls keep it coming... (urock) No prob. Looks like you run high detail settings for JO? Btw. Have you tried Escalation yet? Its pretty good from what I can tell. I haven't had time to set down & play it for very long yet. :(

Delbert
12-17-04, 11:02 AM
No prob. Looks like you run high detail settings for JO? Btw. Have you tried Escalation yet? Its pretty good from what I can tell. I haven't had time to set down & play it for very long yet. :(

I remember seeing some posts by one of the moderators..."quality without compromise" & "did not pay 300+ bucks for something to turn the settings down"... or something to that affect..... Kind of took notice and always play at max settings & detail where i can get away with it.... you know what i am saying !

Not got Escalations yet. Trying to save for a new MB/CPU... but the palms are getting itchy....lol.

I'll keep an eye out for your sign online....

superklye
12-17-04, 11:19 AM
It's just what Valance Studios calls their modified drivers.

EDIT: maybe it's short for Extreme Graphics? I dunno.

saturnotaku
12-17-04, 11:20 AM

Just the name of the driver set. Like Omega's Radeon drivers.

Shazbot
12-17-04, 12:34 PM
once again im very impressed by the extreme g drivers. My IQ is better all the benchmarks I ran went up and game play seems much smoother, good job.

Rakeesh
12-17-04, 12:40 PM
Is it better than the omega set?

superklye
12-17-04, 12:43 PM
I may give these a whirl later today...I'm still apprehensive about using Betas due to massive BSODs in the past, but Extreme G hasn't let me down with the 67.02s yet.

Anyone having any issues with these at all?

Delbert
12-17-04, 01:03 PM
Anyone having any issues with these at all?

Yes.... Pls read previous post... i had issues in Joint Ops, but i think it is generic problem with 71.20 not these extreme addition.... of course any advice would be welcome.... TIA

Shazbot
12-17-04, 01:04 PM
I haven't had any issues with the extreme g's. They run flawless on my comp.

ggp159
12-17-04, 01:18 PM
Problem with Doom3 with these drivers. Grey screen when it loads then back to desktop and shuts itself down. Any thoughts?

mikedep333
12-17-04, 01:48 PM
Is it better than the omega set?
Well, for one thing, extreme G's are for all the good beta drivers, omega is always behind though.