I don't get it. If it's good, at least I'll be able to take advantage of it :D

doddsy
12-19-04, 02:15 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=20298

(xmasgrin) (rudolf) (xmassign2

wow........

thanks for the heads up.

(xmassign2

only for 6600..................humbug............

Fam Money
12-19-04, 03:27 PM
Nvidia briefed the press in the USA a few days ago about this marchitecture. We know it works on the NV41 generation of chips but we're unsure whether it works on NV40 cards. We suspect it won't.

Let's just hope they're wrong.

Subtestube
12-19-04, 04:17 PM
I'd say wait and see on the NV41 line.. .being that the 6600 is the NV43, and the NV41 is a 12 pipe re-release of the NV40. So... yeah, as per normal with the inquirer I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Do remember though that Chrisray (I think) said earlier that drivers with the OVP enabled would be released on the 20th of December. He also hinted strongly that we'd all be pleased.... fingers crossed.

Vagrant Zero
12-19-04, 04:45 PM
This'll be like Early Xmas, without me having to snipe Santa. F***ing cookie stealer.

Zelda_fan
12-19-04, 04:46 PM
this is what ChrisRay was talking about I guess, and he hinted it would work with the 6800 series as well. Hopefully the inquirer was wrong. You know what? I'll bet the video processor is working fine on the 6800, and it was all just a rumor that it was "broken" hardware.

I also hope that this driver has the texture clamp as well as all the other IQ and performance improvements that the 66.03 has.

Zetto
12-19-04, 04:53 PM
... but if inquirer turns out to be right, we'll hunt down ChrisRay and his shakey butt :D

chadashcroft22
12-19-04, 09:40 PM
Merry Christmas you've only waited 6+ months!

Ruined
12-19-04, 09:52 PM
Merry Christmas you've only waited 6+ months!

see kids, the grinch does exist (snowman)

bkswaney
12-19-04, 10:17 PM
It's about freaking time.
This better fix my video problems. :banghead:

Uken
12-19-04, 10:35 PM
quoted-
we're unsure whether it works on NV40 cards. We suspect it won't

only for nv 41 (gf6600) ? not for nv 40 (gf6800) ? ..

hope the inquirer was wrong about this ..

----

Subtestube
12-19-04, 10:55 PM
As I say.. the NV41 is NOT the 6600. The Inquirer seems to be a little confused. The NV43 is the 6600. The NV41 is (as I said) the 12 pipe re-release of the NV40.

mike2h
12-19-04, 11:15 PM
unfortunately i think the inquirer is actually going to be right about something -"we're unsure whether it works on NV40 cards. We suspect it won't"
everything i hace read says this a non fixable hardware problem for us 6800 owners.

bkswaney
12-19-04, 11:17 PM
unfortunately i think the inquirer is actually going to be right about something -"we're unsure whether it works on NV40 cards. We suspect it won't"
everything i hace read says this a non fixable hardware problem for us 6800 owners.

Than that is false advertising.
It says it on my box and all.
They r going to tell me a "Cheaper" low end card
can do it and my GT cannot. BS BS BS BS BS!!!!! :ass:

Maybe it's time for a class action.
:fu: :banghead: :surrender

Subtestube
12-19-04, 11:24 PM

Everyone's getting all worked up again. Just calm down and wait until the drivers are actually out. No-one's seen purevideo working on ANY video card yet (let alone the NV43). Also, I've seen at LEAST 2 places that say the OVP definitely works on the NV40 as WELL as the NV43. Let's just wait and see what nV have to offer.

It's this defeatist pre-release pessimism that got the other OVP thread closed. That closure made sense - let's just wait.

bkswaney
12-19-04, 11:45 PM
Everyone's getting all worked up again. Just calm down and wait until the drivers are actually out. No-one's seen purevideo working on ANY video card yet (let alone the NV43). Also, I've seen at LEAST 2 places that say the OVP definitely works on the NV40 as WELL as the NV43. Let's just wait and see what nV have to offer.

It's this defeatist pre-release pessimism that got the other OVP thread closed. That closure made sense - let's just wait.

What do u expect after 6 months of waiting
on a fix for it??
I mean come on. But we shall see SOON we hope.

MUYA
12-19-04, 11:59 PM
The other thread was closed because it overfilled with whinning. We know and we feel disapointed but, enough is enough. We will not tolerate another whinning thread in here.

thanks

macatak
12-20-04, 12:06 AM
The thing that confuses me is that there are people with working VPUs using currently available drivers, 6800 series i'm refering to.

Peoples-Agent
12-20-04, 12:12 AM
I am sceptical about that mac ....think they are just using Hyper Threading with their Intel CPUs, so don't look into that too much.

I have a prediction , a set of drivers which enable this blasted video processor but really hit performance on gaming ....just a hunch. Then we're get more whinning threads. :-)
I think the Valance Extreme G folks are about to become everyone's best friend.

macatak
12-20-04, 12:28 AM
I am sceptical about that mac ....think they are just using Hyper Threading with their Intel CPUs, so don't look into that too much.

I have a prediction , a set of drivers which enable this blasted video processor but really hit performance on gaming ....just a hunch. Then we're get more whinning threads. :-)
I think the Valance Extreme G folks are about to become everyone's best friend.
Have a read through the last few pages of this thread and tell me what you think, i could be wrong here or he could be.
thanks

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109886&perpage=10&pagenumber=25

ps, you need to read to the end of the thread before you draw a conclusion.
pps, i never found out what driver he was using though..:)

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 02:00 AM
Hmm...everybody seems to want it, yet I still have no idea what the hell it even is. Does it increase penis size any?

BladeRnR
12-20-04, 02:49 AM
Hmm...everybody seems to want it, yet I still have no idea what the hell it even is. Does it increase penis size any?

I'm thinking you're right AlphaWolf. I just read the arcronym "VPU" and immediately felt a stirring between my legs which by the end of the thread had ballooned to a full 3 inches over normal length. I'm now thinking of reading the release docs for 71.03 while having sex to increase stamina and performance.

And you can't ask much more from a Driver release than that.

(xmasgrin)

MUYA
12-20-04, 02:52 AM
Stick to topic thanks

ekloot1978
12-20-04, 03:53 AM
those last few posts were hilarious...I'm very curious to see what is going to happen with the 6800 vpu too but it is nice to see a couple posts that lighten the mood.