PDA

View Full Version : cd-rom drives screwing up

nick800
11-20-02, 01:39 PM
I can't use the explore, or search functions on cds I put in either my dvd drive or cd-rw, applications that automatically start off a cd upon insertion still launch, but I can't go through files I have burned onto cds. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Dazz
11-21-02, 08:41 PM
lol my frends killed three CD rom drive in 2 weeks, First one to go was his Aopen 16x DVD (lasted 1 year) next was some 52x CDdrive (lasted 2 days) so i gave him my Creative Labs 52x drive which i had lying about had been in use for 1 year or so that died in two days also. As i had orded a new new drive an ASUS 616E (16x48x) i had a spare Creative Labs 5x DVD (5 years old) so i gave him that. Good news is that it's still working and i said don't you dare f**k that up. He said he wasn't my fault they just died!! 3 drives in a week it's impossible! FUnny thing being they all did they same thing they were unable to read any discs at all.

What bruning software are you using, i used MS Windows XP built in once and that did the same thing to me and it was burnt sucessfully.

nick800
11-21-02, 09:21 PM
I currently don't have any burning software installed, just the built in XP one..

SavagePaladin
11-22-02, 03:49 AM
Three drives in a week? I call that 'horrible PSU'...
speaking of the same thing, I still need to upgrade mine :p

stncttr908
11-22-02, 11:53 AM
Please, for your own sanity, use Nero 5.5.x.x! It's just simply the best software hands down.

www.ahead.de

nick800
11-22-02, 01:54 PM
well its an operating system thing and not a broken drive, becuase I can access all files through a dos window. does that help anyone in fixin' it?