PDA

View Full Version : Pureview Support in 67.03 and above!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Superfly
12-20-04, 09:40 AM
Check this out!!! - NVIDIA just updated the release notes for the 67.03 beta drivers:

Release Highlights:

The issues that some users have reported seeing when using the GeForce 6600 GT AGP are due to a driver bug which causes 3D corruption when this GPU is used with certain motherboards, most notably SIS motherboards. The fix is included in this release.
Enables PureVideo technology on GeForce 6 Series GPUs.*
User Guides:

Release Notes (v67.03)
Display Properties User's Guide (Release 65)
nView 3.5 Desktop Manager User's Guide (Release 65)

*To fully experience NVIDIA PureVideo technology in GeForce 6 Series GPUs, the following software support is required:

3:2 pull down, MPEG-2 acceleration, and advanced de-interlacing require the NVIDIA DVD Decoder with Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center Edition
VMR Scaling requires VMR9 support found in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Learn more about the NVIDIA DVD Decoder at www.nvidia.com/object/dvd_decoder.html

keith33
12-20-04, 09:50 AM
Wait Wait Wait. We need to use the NOT FREE Nvidia DVD Decoder inorder to get full video utilization??? So those of us who have already paid for PowerDVD and more than an $500 for a 6800, need to spend more $$$ on a propreitary DVD Decoder? :banghead:

Red_Shift
12-20-04, 09:51 AM
So are there two different 67.03s drivers, or they haven't changed nothing at all and just updated the release notes cos they forgot to do it?

Ruined
12-20-04, 09:53 AM
So are there two different 67.03s drivers, or they haven't changed nothing at all and just updated the release notes cos they forgot to do it?

No, 67.03 archive is the same.

Superfly
12-20-04, 09:54 AM
Its the same build I think -im @ work so cant check these things out yet.

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 11:24 AM
Good news. I had a feeling that the video processor being broken rumor was FALSE. Now this confirms it. I guess we have all been using pure video since we installed the 67.03 driver, nvidia just didnt tell us. You rule Nvidia. The geforce 6 series rules!!!! (cheers)

EverGreen
12-20-04, 11:33 AM
Programmable support of the newest format enabled by Microsoft Windows Media Player and Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 for fluid playback of WMV and WMV HD content.

Mmmmmmh time to upgrade for XP Media Center Edition, its also prefers that's its much faster than the standard XP SP2...
Sure then that it will rocks on every screen........

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 11:33 AM
Wait Wait Wait. We need to use the NOT FREE Nvidia DVD Decoder inorder to get full video utilization??? So those of us who have already paid for PowerDVD and more than an $500 for a 6800, need to spend more $$$ on a propreitary DVD Decoder? :banghead:

I don't think nvidia really wants to charge money for it, rather they are forced to. In order to create any dvd playing software, you have to pay royalties to the DVD-CCA for every single player sold, or else you'll get your ass sued off. Not only that but you also have to pay royalties for DTS, AC3, and a number of the other audio features which are patented by various companies.

This is why legal freeware dvd players don't exist.

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 11:37 AM
I don't think nvidia really wants to charge money for it, rather they are forced to. In order to create any dvd playing software, you have to pay royalties to the DVD-CCA for every single player sold, or else you'll get your ass sued off. Not only that but you also have to pay royalties for DTS, AC3, and a number of the other audio features which are patented by various companies.

Agreed. (cheers)

Shazbot
12-20-04, 11:50 AM
But they do.

Banko
12-20-04, 11:54 AM

MPlayer

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 11:57 AM
Freeware players exist, but legal freeware players don't exist.

In fact the price nvidia charges looks about right. At $20 you'll barely cover the royalty fees. In fact I would venture to guess that nvidia is taking a slight loss (maybe in the area of a few pennies per sale) on selling this because of the overhead of running an online credit card system.

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 11:58 AM
You still get video hardware support even if you dont have nvdvd decoder. Just not every feature. Seeing as how I dont watch DVD's on my pc, it works out great for me.

DSC
12-20-04, 12:01 PM
NV40 GPUs does not have hardware decode acceleration for WMV9 HD, so that feature is broken alright.

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 12:07 PM
NV40 GPUs does not have hardware decode acceleration for WMV9 HD, so that feature is broken alright.

Where's your proof?

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 12:09 PM
You know, the NVDVD player app looked familiar (seen nya (http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/2517/nvdvd20.jpg)) and I just realized that my e-vga 6600GT included the player in one of its CD's. I never noticed this before because whenever I install all of my hardware I never touch any of the included CDs because they always end up being worthless :D

Some of you may be in the same boat as me, check your included CDs and you might have it already.

I'll install it and see if I can patch it to the latest version.

BTW: screw WMV9. If you have a 6800GT I wouldn't bother worrying about it.

DSC
12-20-04, 12:11 PM
http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html

See, SD/HD hardware accelerated decode and display processing is mentioned for NV41 and NV43 based video cards, which NV40/NV45 cards only has SD/HD display processing including Gamma Correction and Color Space Conversion, NO hardware acceleration decode.

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 12:12 PM
You know, the NVDVD player app looked familiar (seen nya (http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/2517/nvdvd20.jpg)) and I just realized that my e-vga 6600GT included the player in one of its CD's. I never noticed this before because whenever I install all of my hardware I never touch any of the included CDs because they always end up being worthless :D

I'll install it and see if I can patch it to the latest version.

BTW: screw WMV9. If you have a 6800GT I wouldn't bother worrying about it.

Yeah, with my GT im not worried about it. I would just like to see some proof that it is broken, thats all.

PikachuMan
12-20-04, 12:12 PM
Where's your proof?

:(

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 12:13 PM

See, SD/HD hardware accelerated decode and display processing is mentioned for NV41 and NV43 based video cards, which NV40/NV45 cards only has SD/HD display processing including Gamma Correction and Color Space Conversion, NO hardware acceleration decode.

Thanks for the proof. Now I believe ya. (snowcool) It doesnt bother me however, still get all the other features. Its all good. (cheers)

EverGreen
12-20-04, 12:19 PM
No one is a real Whizz-kid here, LMAO install XP Media Center for final free Codec!

(xmassign2

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 12:27 PM
No one is a real Whizz-kid here, LMAO install XP Media Center for final free Codec!

(xmassign2

?

Demanufakture
12-20-04, 12:31 PM

(xmassign2

???????????????????? (mikec)

EverGreen
12-20-04, 12:47 PM
The full Nvidia DVD encoder offcourse.......
Not the one from the web !

Rakeesh
12-20-04, 01:18 PM
The full Nvidia DVD encoder offcourse.......
Not the one from the web !

?