PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 3

boxterduke
12-20-04, 10:44 AM
Cannot really take credit for the post. It was on the futuremark forums but anyway.
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/2053/HalfLife3.jpg

aaahhh52
12-20-04, 10:55 AM
It needs some AA

|MaguS|
12-20-04, 12:06 PM
old...

superklye
12-20-04, 01:05 PM
haha...if that was how the game really looked, I'd cream myself.

WeReWoLf
12-20-04, 05:40 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind if they used the Source engine to make HL3, just a few more visual tweaks and alot less time to make it please!

anzak
12-20-04, 05:55 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind if they used the Source engine to make HL3, just a few more visual tweaks and alot less time to make it please!

I can't agree more. I don't want to wait another 5 years for them to make another game engine. Considering how well how well half life 2 runs I don't see why valve cant make two more games based on a modified version of it.

As for the pic, meh look at the low poly models. :lame:

superklye
12-20-04, 07:53 PM
Hell yeah...The Source engine was great, and from what I was reading about it, it was made "modular" so that as components (such as the physics engine) were upgraded or a new/better one came out, they could easily be swapped. hopefully the same applies for the lighting and all that kind of stuff because they could really take that engine LOTS of places.

Skrot
12-21-04, 08:14 AM
it was made "modular" Sounds like regular OO programming to me.. :)

superklye
12-21-04, 11:30 AM
Sounds like regular OO programming to me.. :)
how many other game engines have you heard of that were programmed in such a way that key aspects could easily be swapped out?

stncttr908
12-21-04, 02:48 PM
It needs some AA
:lol2:

Vagrant Zero
12-21-04, 04:17 PM
how many other game engines have you heard of that were programmed in such a way that key aspects could easily be swapped out?

Any engine programmed with a OO langauge. That's how Quake 3's been able to stay way past it's bedtime. I don't think Source will make it to 2007, not with Unreal 3 [among others] on the horizon. The entire industry is changing pretty rapidly, UR3 looks so much better than D3/HL2 it's amazing. Bioware has already liscened it for their next big RPG [not Dragon Age but the one after it]. Hopefully they'll do a better job of utilizing it than Trokia did with Source.

superklye
12-21-04, 05:40 PM
Any engine programmed with a OO langauge. That's how Quake 3's been able to stay way past it's bedtime. I don't think Source will make it to 2007, not with Unreal 3 [among others] on the horizon. The entire industry is changing pretty rapidly, UR3 looks so much better than D3/HL2 it's amazing. Bioware has already liscened it for their next big RPG [not Dragon Age but the one after it]. Hopefully they'll do a better job of utilizing it than Trokia did with Source.
Really? I had no idea. They made it sound so revolutionary and stuff. My bad, yo.

NightFire
12-21-04, 05:43 PM
That's a rusty crowbar.

Edge
12-21-04, 06:01 PM
Really? I had no idea. They made it sound so revolutionary and stuff. My bad, yo.

Heh, it's called PR (aka marketing BS). Remember how Daikatana was supposed to be the biggest revolution in FPS games ;)

BioHazZarD
12-21-04, 06:17 PM
Lol the source enginge is a joke... no way no ones gonna wanna use it after all the trouble HL2 had / and still they havent solved the Audio stutter issue so no thanks nothing to see here move along to doom3 there you have an enginge coded by a real guru and not like valve and not mr newell and his looser team who cant even support the buyers of the god forsaken game.

anzak
12-21-04, 06:28 PM
Lol the source enginge is a joke... no way no ones gonna wanna use it after all the trouble HL2 had / and still they havent solved the Audio stutter issue so no thanks nothing to see here move along to doom3 there you have an enginge coded by a real guru and not like valve and not mr newell and his looser team who cant even support the buyers of the god forsaken game.

Wow, what a useless post. You wouldn't be exaggerating, would you? The Source engine is better (IMO) because it is able to produce amazing effects even on lower end hardware, its not such a resource hog, and the physics engine is unrivaled.

WeReWoLf
12-21-04, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD

Sure the D3 engine is great and all, and it is better than the source engine technical wise, but Source is still amazing. So there is only one major bug and a few minor ones to fix, but it still plays damn well.

superklye
12-21-04, 09:33 PM
You do know what punctuation is, right?