PDA

View Full Version : hl2 demo probs

RanCorX2
12-21-04, 08:34 AM
for some reason the demo loads and falls back to a safe mode dialog and ends up running in a window and if i try and switch to fullscreen it crashes, wtf ?
piece of crap demo.

Superfly
12-21-04, 08:58 AM
ah - Dont worry, Its over-rated.

At least this way you wont be dissapointed.

go play something that actually works properly and is'nt still a beta.

RanCorX2
12-21-04, 09:12 AM
rubbish valve bs......think i'll go play farcry instead.

Superfly
12-21-04, 09:34 AM
farcry's AI is a S**t load better - I much prefer the combat in Farcry.

ericdrum
12-21-04, 09:50 AM
farcry's AI is a S**t load better - I much prefer the combat in Farcry.

I loved FC, but I liked HL2 better. HL2 has some technical issues, but I thought it was a very entertaining game.

Raptorman
12-21-04, 10:20 AM
I'd know what hl2 is like if Steam would ever connect.

RanCorX2
12-21-04, 10:22 AM
thats another thing that steam crap it even has to be on when you play hl2, so gay...

Raptorman
12-21-04, 10:35 AM
thats another thing that steam crap it even has to be on when you play hl2, so gay...

I can't even play the game cuz Steam won't connect to activate the files. I'm glad I'm going to Wal-Mart today, will probably be returning this pile of horse crap.

RanCorX2
12-21-04, 11:06 AM
seems the hl2 demo trys setting a bad video mode for you, I set the res to 800x600@100hz in the properties and now it runs fullscreen, first level sucks as its a boring walk through some streets with bugger all to do...2nd level seems ok
funny though the info on the demo is bs "the demo takes players through some of the early levels of the game and later transports them to the area of the game known as Ravenholm."

should be "the demo takes you on a walk around sum streets and then dumps you in ravenholm". so basicly 1 map to do nothing and 1 map to shoot some lame zombies....yawn.

Superfly
12-21-04, 11:16 AM
I told you so

racingx
12-21-04, 11:36 AM
"We dont go to Ravenholm" :afraid: .To bad you missed the Airboat.

Xen
12-21-04, 12:09 PM
for some reason the demo loads and falls back to a safe mode dialog and ends up running in a window and if i try and switch to fullscreen it crashes, wtf ?
piece of crap demo.

Why don't you fix your pc first, instead of bashing valve?

Everybody knows valve is the best FPS developer right now..and HL2 the best fps ever made..so please take your whining somewhere else.

CaptNKILL
12-21-04, 12:32 PM

Everybody knows valve is the best FPS developer right now..and HL2 the best fps ever made..so please take your whining somewhere else.
:lol:

This thread is funny...

But in all seriousness, post your system specs and as much info as possible if you want help.

Also, go to the Steam forums first before coming here to complain about their software, thats why they have a forum. Someone has probably already had this problem and posted it there.

RanCorX2
12-21-04, 01:29 PM

my pc didn't need fixing, if you read, i said the demo was doing something wrong i had to alter the config of the demo!

Aurthus
12-24-04, 07:50 AM
Meh.. hl2 way over rated. It is decent but not what everyone makes it out to be. I found it to be a bit boring and the whole game just felt like a demo to show off the source engine.. to many fans of hl1 that have gone straight from playing cs/dod/hl1 to hl2 so ofcourse when compared they think its unbelievable. CoD was a much better fps and a hella lot funner then hl2 to me.