PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Won't Install. Help Please.

cam9786
12-21-04, 02:47 PM
So. I pop in Farcry CD1 and It says "Install, Play" all that good stuff. Problem is, Uninstall is greyed out. I did "Explore" func and when I try to do Farcry.msi Install Package it says I need to run setup.exe. So, I do that and it gives me a Runtime Error and says it cannot install. This CD has worked many times in the past, except "Install" wasn't greyed out. Any ideas?

cam9786
12-21-04, 04:29 PM
bump

BioHazZarD
12-21-04, 04:52 PM
Did you uninstall the game correct last time ? perhaps something is still left in the registry or in the windows folder somewhere try delete everything first and then run setup again.

cam9786
12-21-04, 05:03 PM
I deleted eerything so far. Except in Add or Remove Prorams. I try it, I thinm I might've already done that a long time ago though.

cam9786
12-21-04, 05:06 PM
Yup, I removed it in Add/Remove just now and Now it shows "Install" in the menu, but I get a runtime error when I try to install it. Damn.

Darkoz
12-21-04, 05:23 PM
I deleted eerything so far. Except in Add or Remove Prorams. I try it, I thinm I might've already done that a long time ago though.

How did you "uninstall" it and still have it in add/remove programs?...I assume you remove programs using 'add/remove' in the control panel and you're not just deleting program files/folders.
If you still have it on your system, the 'install' option from the CD will be greyed out.

BioHazZarD
12-21-04, 06:13 PM
Then i have no idea.. but you might wanna ask that in the farcry forum att ubisoft someone there should have this problem and a answer.