PDA

View Full Version : OMG Check out Crashday

doodlebob
12-22-04, 12:24 PM
Crashday's graphics are incredible and the car damage looks good. I hope it's as fun as Flatout and I like the fact you get a track editor. I am looking forward to its release. The game is supposed to come out in early 2005. (cheers)

http://img158.exs.cx/img158/1466/crashday9ld.jpg

Crashday Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/streamer.php?type=wmv&id=263)

www.crashday-game.de (http://www.crashday-game.de/pages/news.htm)

cam9786
12-22-04, 12:30 PM
Is this real? Dude, this is beyond awesome. This is photorealistic. Awesome.

OWA
12-22-04, 12:47 PM
More screenshots here:

http://www.crashday-game.de/pages/screenshots.htm

CaptNKILL
12-22-04, 12:58 PM
:D

I helped with sound effects in that game. If it ever actually comes out (they have been working on it since 2000) my name will be in the credits :D

Im really impressed with how good its looking. HUUUGE improvement over the graphics from a few years ago.

OWA
12-22-04, 01:50 PM
Do you know if it'll be released in the US? None of the rally-type games ever seem to make it to the US for some reason.

jAkUp
12-22-04, 02:08 PM
haha that looks awesome

SlamDunk
12-22-04, 02:12 PM
Heh. Graphics are not everything ;)

I've been following the development of Crashday for years now and I truly hope the gameplay is as good as the visuals. That's what really matters in the end, you know...

stubby
12-22-04, 03:16 PM
It's not as good as it seems. All the background landscape are just static photos in this game. The car models look pretty crappy also

fivefeet8
12-22-04, 03:21 PM
The game looks good, but the days of 2 flat planes configured in an X with some leaf textures stuck on them and used for bushes and trees are getting old. Someone should use the Speed Tree demos and make a racing game with trees and bushes for these racing games.

Seriously, we've made so much advancement in video game graphics, but bushes and trees haven't changed much in racing games since the PS1.

Philibob
12-22-04, 07:23 PM
The bottom left of those 4 shots is nearly painful to look at, not sure how much of that is the static photo/rendered realtime but the car seems to be done to a completely different quality level - it near enough looks like a computer car model stuck onto a photograph...

GamerGuyX
12-22-04, 07:37 PM
:D
I helped with sound effects in that game.

Really!? How the hell did you manage to get that job? :confused:

You cried and pleaded until they let you right? :p

stncttr908
08-05-05, 12:08 PM
Holy thread resurrection!

I knew I saw this game here before. Some new screenies!

http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/crashday/

OWA
08-05-05, 12:12 PM
What about a new release date since it's already past "early 2005"?

SH64
08-05-05, 12:19 PM
Hmm yeah whatever happend to Crashday ?!

killahsin
08-05-05, 12:33 PM
The game looks good, but the days of 2 flat planes configured in an X with some leaf textures stuck on them and used for bushes and trees are getting old. Someone should use the Speed Tree demos and make a racing game with trees and bushes for these racing games.

Seriously, we've made so much advancement in video game graphics, but bushes and trees haven't changed much in racing games since the PS1.

speedtree owns. I totally agree.

CaptNKILL
08-05-05, 01:20 PM
Wow thats wierd, I just checked this out again today for the first time in months... I can't believe they are still working on it. I hope my sound effects are still in there somewhere, I want my name in the credits ;)

Acid Rain
08-07-05, 06:45 AM
I hope my sound effects are still in there somewhere, I want my name in the credits ;)Let's hope not. I'd really rather keep the farting and burping out of the game. Also, having my driver constantly yelling and screaming obscenities at the windshield would be a major game breaker for me. :D

So, quarter 4 2005 for Europe, huh? It is actually still being made! Yay! Looks pretty cool. As far as this being a rally game, I'm not so sure, as they've got shots of a Lamborghini Countach and Civics, etc. at Gamespot.

Looks pretty cool. Now if we can just get some solid rFactor info.

CaptNKILL
08-07-05, 11:27 AM
Let's hope not. I'd really rather keep the farting and burping out of the game. Also, having my driver constantly yelling and screaming obscenities at the windshield would be a major game breaker for me. :D

So, quarter 4 2005 for Europe, huh? It is actually still being made! Yay! Looks pretty cool. As far as this being a rally game, I'm not so sure, as they've got shots of a Lamborghini Countach and Civics, etc. at Gamespot.

Looks pretty cool. Now if we can just get some solid rFactor info.
FUNNY! :D
But really, I remixed some crashing sound effects, tire sqeeling, some random engine sounds, objects falling, glass breaking... that kind of stuff. Robert Clemens (lead designer) is going to check into it to see if any of my stuff is still in there, he said if it is I'll be in the "special thanks to" section :) I reaaally hope its in there somewhere :D:D:D

Oh, and this really isnt a rally game at all... my guess is its gameplay will be like Flatout mixed with Tony Hawk Pro Skater or something similar. Maybe a touch of Need For Speed (because of the exotic cars). Then theres the guns... so yeah, this is going to be a sweet game ;)

nrdstrm
08-07-05, 04:26 PM
From looking at it to me it looks like a cross between flatout and trackmania sunrise...Could be a lot of fun!
Nrdstrm

Aphot
08-08-05, 02:12 AM
I saw this a while ago, this game looks insane :P.