PDA

View Full Version : Compressed Air + 6800GT=Wow

cam9786
12-22-04, 03:34 PM
Wow. Just plain Wow. I had earlier temps (idle) of about 64, and in game of 82. Now, After using compressed air for 20 minutes to clean my Card, Fans, All that good stuff( hell, there was even frost on the fans and the card), It now is at IDLE of 55C and LOAD of 66C. My loads now were my idles earlier. This stuff does an awesome job on clogged fans/heatsinks. I didnn't even take off the big ass plastic thing that covers the heatsink, I just sprayed through the cracks, and now I'm at 54C idle. This stuff is amazing.

Headbust
12-22-04, 03:47 PM
once a month i clean my whole system with compressed air, if you dont you'll have serious problems

insider
12-22-04, 04:05 PM
Vacuum cleaner sucking the dust (lots of it!) away from the plastic fan filters on the case helps, although you have to be careful not sticking the thing when sucking the dust out too close to the components to avoid static killing the board/cards...

noko
12-22-04, 05:09 PM
I never get any dust anywhere in my computer since all the air is filtered.

ChrisRay
12-22-04, 06:01 PM
The inside of my computer collects minimal dust. I do clean it once a month still. The outside of my PC collects a great deal of dust though. Which I clean every day.