PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor:PA or COD:UO ?

Pages : [1] 2

Nv40
12-23-04, 03:25 AM
Which one is better.. ?

MEdal of Honor Pacific assault or Call of duty mission pack?

there is so many games ,and i can't buy them all... LOL!

PROS /CONS

Which one is better in gameplay and graphics?

iam looking also for Brother in ARms.. that one looks really good
but was delayed.. so i need to chose now..
any help?

JediKnight
12-23-04, 03:38 AM
Im a huge fan of the MOH series but dont have MOHPA, yet. Im locked in HL2. CoD series is definitely my favorite. Graphics and SP/MP gameplay are unreal. As soon as I finish HL2, I will get MOHPA.

MUYA
12-23-04, 03:53 AM
Chronicles of Riddick!

EatFresh
12-23-04, 05:02 AM
Which one is better.. ?

MEdal of Honor Pacific assault or Call of duty mission pack?

there is so many games ,and i can't buy them all... LOL!

PROS /CONS

Which one is better in gameplay and graphics?

iam looking also for Brother in ARms.. that one looks really good
but was delayed.. so i need to chose now..
any help?

COD:UO is better overall . i would wait for BIA myself as it will blow them both out of the water ;)

(mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (mikec) (snowlol) (xmastree)

BioHazZarD
12-23-04, 07:21 AM
Yeah COD has a better atmosphere. MOH game lately has dropped so much if you compare to the first MOHAA on pc that was good, all other are preety much junk, EA needs to learn how to make a game fun not just release a game with their stamp on it and expect its the best game ever.

whiskeychaser
12-23-04, 08:09 AM
I've got to agree with muya. But CoD:UO is the next best option of the 3.

nVestor
12-23-04, 08:49 AM
MoH: PA is in need of another patch that EA is draggin @ss on, especially if they wanted this to be a Christmas buy. The first patch was apparently not enough to fix the problems with lag and other stuff on the multiplayer side, which is what I concern myself with mainly.

CoD:UO was both beautiful and fun to play. I really enjoyed playing it to say the least, especially with graphics settings cranked up. (xmasgrin)

However the proof is in the pudding, meaning if you take a look on ASE (All Seeing Eye), you'll see a surprisingly small number of MoH:PA players compared to other games like CoD:UO or CS:S.

One night it was pretty rediculous. There was like 49 players total for MoH:PA vs. 16,000 for CS:S... lol. (snowlol)

PA is one of those games that hasn't lived up to the hype. A two year project for a result of 49 players on ASE... sad really. (santa2) Maybe a second patch will help boost that result, maybe not.

Good luck in whatever you decide with. I'm still looking forward to BF2. (xmasmile) (cheers)

saturnotaku
12-23-04, 09:01 AM
PA is one of those games that hasn't lived up to the hype. A two year project for a result of 49 players on ASE... sad really. (santa2) Maybe a second patch will help boost that result, maybe not.

It's not so much that as it is the competition the game had to deal with, including CoD and CS:S. The problems with the game itself certainly are a contributing factor, but PA had a hard time right out of the gate.

anzak
12-23-04, 10:06 AM
Chronicles of Riddick!

Ditto!

stncttr908
12-23-04, 10:31 AM
I'm going to have to say MOH:PA. It looks better (Quake 3 engine in 2004? Please...) and is a longer/more intense game overall. Don't get me wrong, CoD:UO is a great game, but I preferred MOH:PA.

SH64
12-23-04, 11:49 AM
Both are good IMO . just watch out that MOH: PA is a demanding game so you will need a high-end system to play it very well . although its graphics isnt as great as its system reqs .
both will immerse you into the action ... between you & me i liked MOH : PA a little more than COD:UO for its better graphics , but thats maybe just me .

MustangSVT
12-23-04, 11:53 AM
Stay away from Pacific Assault. The game runs like crap on most people's computers and has tons of bugs. It doesn't even look that good. What matters to me is gameplay. COD:UO has excellent gameplay. All I have to say is look at GameSpot's score, and remember that United Offensive is an expansion, which generally receive lower scores than original game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/medalofhonorpacificassault/index.html?q=Pacific+Assault
Pacific Assault - 8.3

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callofdutyunitedoffensive/index.html?q=United+Offensive
United Offensive - 8.9

Here's my points of pro's and con's.

Pacific Assault
+ better graphics than CoD
- crap performance
- nowhere as good SP campaign as CoD or MOH:AA
- tons of bugs
- does not support Anti-Aliasing
- costs $50
- few people playing online

United Offensive
+ vehicles
+ blends CoD with BF1942 perfectly
+ costs $20 (or at least when I got it)
+ good SP campaign
+ basically multiplayer game of the year along with UT2004 and BFVietnam (for me)
+ runs like a charm since OpenGL and still looks good
- feels like you're part of the war when playing online
- what cons?

Nv40
12-23-04, 02:22 PM
then im afraid i will need to buy both (xmasgrin)

im interested more in the single player side..graphics and gameplay .. will not have time to play MP. im a huge fan of semi-realistic world war2 shooters.. (xmasgrin)

Loved all MOH series and COD..

and Brothers in arms is one game ,im really looking forward. :)

Slyder
12-23-04, 03:25 PM
CoD:UO wins hands down.

No contest. ;)

DEaD_IRiS
12-23-04, 04:29 PM
Small studios who produce virtually bug free games and offer excellent support should be rewarded. Cheers to Gray Matter and COD:UO.

PSYCHODAD
12-23-04, 04:31 PM
CoD:UO wins hands down.

No contest. ;)

I would tend to agree, though I've only played the MOHPA demo.

Fam Money
12-23-04, 04:46 PM
Well I play UO almost exclusivly now. I'm a huge fan of CoD. I have HL2 but hardly play because I love CoD so much.

I just bought MOH:PA today because it's only $30 for the Directors Cut. Let me save you a few bucks since you're going to get both. Get PA from Amazon as it's half price there.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002LWW0I/102-0083110-9323365?v=glance/102-0083110-9323365

Nv40
12-23-04, 11:56 PM
well.. i bought MOH:PA and i like it alot :D

but also bought Pirates from SID meyrs and Lord of the RIngs.. hehe

All DVD versions.. (xmasgrin)

director edition what that means? mine say the same thing in the box. does it have extra goodies?

SH64
12-23-04, 11:59 PM
director edition what that means? mine say the same thing in the box. does it have extra goodies?

Its basicelly an extra contents ..like the making of video , MOH music , concept arts & some other stuff ..

Nv40
12-24-04, 12:02 AM
Its basicelly an extra contents ..like the making of video , MOH music , concept arts & some other stuff ..

ohhh!! WOW!! thanks... (xmasgrin)

im really looking forward for Brother in ARms.. anyone knows the release date? the other is STALker.. (xmasmile)

SH64
12-24-04, 12:03 AM
ohhh!! WOW!! thanks... (xmasgrin)

im really looking forward for Brother in ARms.. anyone knows the release date? the other is STALker.. (xmasmile)

I just saw a video for it & it says "early 2005" .. i duuno how early though :|

holmes
12-24-04, 01:03 AM
I've only played the MOH:PA demo, but CoD:UO is flat out amazing. The SP is just as good as the original, the MP is even more addictive, and the graphics rock. I know it's a heavily modified Q3 engine, but dangit, it looks good!
(xmasgrin)

Lfctony
12-24-04, 08:19 AM
Call of Duty by a mile. :)

boro
12-24-04, 08:30 AM
cod:uo is better, but quite short too (6hours)
moh: pa is slightly longer and a good game, but can't compete with cod:uo

Get the one who's MP you prefer (I don't like neither's MP (xmastong) )

demonized
12-25-04, 03:37 AM
I just tried the new MOH demo and played 2hrs straight. Although its a little confusing at first, i started getting it after 3 map changes. I wish there was a COD mp demo to compare it with, to see which one is better mp wise.