PDA

View Full Version : XFX 6600 GT AGP Dual DVI problem

Gaiares
12-23-04, 12:43 PM
Hey guys, hoping maybe one of you can help me out with this problem I've been having with this video card. I pretty much bought this thing as an upgrade with the added bonus of being able to run dual LCD's via the DVI ports. The problem is that when the computer runs it only receives a signal from DVI port 1 (the furthest slot from the screw). There's no signal whether it's booting up or in windows. Now when I enter windows and go under the Nvidia properties, it detects my secondary monitor and the screen spans to the second monitor as if there was a signal going to it. Now if I plug the DVI to VGA adapter on to that port, I get a signal just fine, but nothing from the DVI alone. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on this, whether it's a known problem or what. I can RMA the card, no problem, but if the next one will do the same, what's the point? BTW, the card is connected directly to the power supply without any other devices on the chain. The monitors are running at their native resolutions (1280x1024 for the Princeton and 1024 x 768 for the Viewsonic both @ 60 Mhz).

Here's my system:

Windows XP Pro SP2
Asus P4S800D-E Deluxe mobo
P4 2.8B processor
1 GB Kingston PC3200
250GB Maxtor SATA HD
100GB WD ATA/100 HD
Matrox RT.X10 Video capture board
SB Audigy ZS
LiteOn 1213S DVD Burner
PowMax Demon 480W PS
Princeton LCD19D monitor
Viewsonic 151-2 monitor

Thanks guys.

ricercar
12-23-04, 04:17 PM
Under nView in the displays control panel, does the driver allow you to "Detect Displays" and if so, do you have an option to select digital display?

Have you tried to swap displays on the ports and does the problem stay with the port or with the display?

Gaiares
12-23-04, 08:19 PM
It's definitely not an issue with my DVI cables as I've gone ahead and switched between ports and whichever monitor was on the working one would kick on and the other wouldn't. It just seems to not kick out a digital signal from the non-working port.

When I go into Nview it shows both monitors as being detected by name and on a digital connection. It acts as if the monitor is getting a signal as I can move the mouse out of the screen onto the other non working side, but there are no visuals there. Like I said, if I use the DVI to VGA adapter and go analog, then I get a signal. But going digital, my monitor just shows "no signal" on the screen as opposed to "out of range" or "testing....." messages that it usually gives me when a signal is going to it and it's trying to calibrate. I may go ahead and RMA the card at this point, but I just don't want to end up with another one with the exact same problem.

MysteeX
01-15-05, 06:37 PM
Gaiares, can you update the post with your solution because I experience exactly the same problem.

I have bought a Leadtek A6600GT today and the DVI signal is lost after some seconds under windows.

I have a LCD on the VGA port working well.
The second LCD is a pure digital screen and lost the signal.

I have read a lot lot lot of forums to find a solution and you are the first people experiencing the same problem as mine.

Please keep us informed ;)

MysteeX