PDA

View Full Version : Low power 3d clocks

Eliminator
12-23-04, 05:28 PM
how can i enable low power 3d clocks in riva tuner or the control panel? in riva tuner theyre just grayed out and i cant do anythin

Raptorman
12-23-04, 06:04 PM
Power Users in RivaTuner. You have to enable it there. Sometimes it fixes stuttering by setting the low power and 3d performance clocks the same.

jolle
12-23-04, 06:04 PM
sounds to me like it may be settings exclusive to Laptop GPUs or something.
Which could be a possible explanation for it being greyed out if it is..

Darkoz
12-23-04, 06:06 PM
how can i enable low power 3d clocks in riva tuner or the control panel? in riva tuner theyre just grayed out and i cant do anythin

I believe it only works with certain model cards.

Raptorman
12-23-04, 06:08 PM
I believe it only works with certain model cards.

No, you just have to enable it in the Power Users section of Riva Tuner.

Eliminator
12-23-04, 06:49 PM
ok i tried it.... didnt help with the stuttering.... i guess there is no hope for me..... i have pretty much tried everything there is..... i cannot think of anythin else and i havent seen any other thing to try other than what i tried before......

Raptorman
12-23-04, 10:05 PM
ok i tried it.... didnt help with the stuttering.... i guess there is no hope for me..... i have pretty much tried everything there is..... i cannot think of anythin else and i havent seen any other thing to try other than what i tried before......

Turn off fast-writes in the low-level system settings in Riva Tuner.

Darkoz
12-23-04, 10:40 PM
No, you just have to enable it in the Power Users section of Riva Tuner.

Yep you're right, sorry, my mistake....

area51xt
12-24-04, 06:49 AM

raptorman pvt

Eliminator
12-24-04, 08:22 AM

i tried that long ago and its always off.... it does help but no fully fixed...still stutters and throttles

Raptorman
12-24-04, 06:51 PM
Do you have the latest BIOS for the 6800? That sometimes fixes a lot of issues also.

Eliminator
12-24-04, 08:04 PM
Do you have the latest BIOS for the 6800? That sometimes fixes a lot of issues also.

dont i need some specfic bios? since I have the asus v9999GT 128mb DDR1 so i dont see how that would help.... the card does work fine in my old system.... hmm....i guess i can try to get a 6800Ultra/GT bios and lower the clocks and maybe increase up the voltage

Raptorman
12-24-04, 10:05 PM
I would look around for a newer BIOS for your card. Perhaps a Leadtek BIOS?

The clock speeds has nothing to do with your stuttering, unless your card is not getting enough power. My card, before I got a 500w PSU, would slow down and give me stuttering from lack of power after about 10 minutes of gaming.

Eliminator
12-25-04, 03:00 PM
i have a 465w enermax.... i dono what bios to try since there are no 128mb 6800GT bioses out there.... i tried flashing to ultra but nvflash wouldnt let me... i dono its too risky... im using 100mhz agp frequency right now and i think its a bit beter