PDA

View Full Version : Farcry $9.99 Canadian

rflair
12-25-04, 12:42 PM
Bestbuy (Canada) is have a boxing day sale on Farcry, $9.99, WOW.

You can't go wrong for this price, I thought it an excellent game.

Plus some other good software prices.

rflair
________
Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_Scarabeo_500)

marqmajere
12-25-04, 11:00 PM
Holy crap in a hat! I wish I lived in Canada right now.

SH64
12-25-04, 11:45 PM
Sweet! can you send me a copy ? :p

Beng
12-26-04, 10:43 AM
If they do these prices from the beginning there will be no more piracy i think. :angel:

qballshalls2002
12-26-04, 09:36 PM
Exactly! Plus more money would be made!

bknblk
12-27-04, 12:17 AM
Isn't that like $0.25 American?

photophreak314
12-28-04, 03:42 PM
Isn't that like $0.25 American?

Why is there always somebody who says this whenever canadian currency is brought up?

NightFire
12-28-04, 03:48 PM
That should be about...$8.20 US, and including a tax rate of about 5%, then I think the total comes out to $8.63 US. OF course, that's all just rough calculation, and I'm not quite sure about the tax rates in Canada.

bknblk
12-28-04, 04:00 PM
Why is there always somebody who says this whenever canadian currency is brought up?

I bring it up because I find the whole concept of "Canada" to be an amusing one. :canadian:

|MaguS|
12-28-04, 04:01 PM
If they do these prices from the beginning there will be no more piracy i think. :angel:

Then there is no profit. If the game was sold at that price at release the game would have not even made $1 Million. How much do you think games cost to make? I don't know about current titles but I know some titles costed companies over $10 Million to make.

Remember they need profit, not to break even. They are a business after all. The games sale should cover cost to make plus also assist in the developers/publishers costs just to keep the company running (Salaries, Rent, Utilities and new equipment).

Oh and Prices are the reason there is Piracy, Poeple just are cheap bastards and want the games free. Why else do you think ValueSoft and Budget titles are also pirated. These titles dont even have copy protections so trying to claim they want to beat the protection is a false statement aswell.

god I hate piracy...

oh and pick me up a copy of FarCry, I will send ya the money for it!