PDA

View Full Version : Help!

etrace
12-26-04, 01:32 PM
I am getting the error msg: I/O card parity interrupt at 1000:8A52(if i push continue, it gives me other digits for the last 4. I switched over from an ATI x300SE to a XFX 6600GT. I uninstalled the ATI drivers(but didnt run DriverCleaner), turned off machine, installed card, booted up, and got that message. I then installed nVIDIA drivers and rebooted. I got the msg again. To get past the message, i choose to shut off NMI and everything works fine from there on. Is this a serious problem? Is it because driver residue, a bad card(although it performs great and hasnt crashed or anything), or a bad installation? Thanks for any help.

etrace
12-26-04, 01:35 PM
I have tried to fix it by uninstalling my nVIDIA drivers, running DriverCleaner, and then reinstalling them. But i still get the message when i boot.

etrace
12-26-04, 02:27 PM
anyone?

etrace
12-26-04, 04:53 PM
Anyone?

NemesisChild
12-26-04, 08:22 PM
Since you didn't run drive cleaner (initially) when uninstalling the ATI driver, you may still have some files left over. This may be especially true in your registry, which could be conflicting with the Nvidia drivers. Unfortunately, you may have to manually remove all ATI entries in your registry. I'm not familar with ATI drivers, I've been an Nvidia man from the start. IMO, it's not a hardware problem, you probably have left over ATI files and registry entries that are conflicting with the nvidia driver.

etrace
12-27-04, 12:03 PM
ok
thanks