PDA

View Full Version : 120 Celsius on 6800GT idle

spons
12-26-04, 01:09 PM
Hi all,

After leaving my PC running for the night I was welcomed with the message that the card was slowed down as it had reached 120 degrees celsius. My PC has been running in 2d mode, so no gaming.

This is really strange as normally I hit 60 to 70 degrees after hours of gaming.

I tried reinstalling the drivers without any prevail. The card itself seems not to hot when I touch it.

Any ideas?

SH64
12-26-04, 01:14 PM
WOW 120! .. have you checked the fan is running properly ??

spons
12-26-04, 01:16 PM
WOW 120! .. have you checked the fan is running properly ??
The fan is running and the card does work just fine. Only slower as the driver seems to downclock it.

SH64
12-26-04, 01:25 PM
The fan is running and the card does work just fine. Only slower as the driver seems to downclock it.

Hmm try using another drivers & see if the problem persist . it could be a drivers problem .

spons
12-26-04, 01:51 PM
Hmm try using another drivers & see if the problem persist . it could be a drivers problem .

Will try

Thanks!

CaptNKILL
12-26-04, 02:38 PM
I doubt its a real temp issue if the card isnt hot to touch. 120 *C (thats 248 *F)would most likely burn your skin if you touched it . Something probably isnt reading\displaying the temp right.

Either that or the heat sink isnt touching the core at all, which would explain why you didnt get burned when you touched the heat sink. Make sure its seated properly (let the card cool down before taking it out).