PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new motherboard

jAkUp
12-27-04, 10:48 PM
(mikec)

1 word... muahahahaha

Working on getting 2 6800GT's and a 3500 90nm (xmasgrin)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9409&stc=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9410&stc=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9411&stc=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9412&stc=1

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=9413&stc=1

GlowStick
12-27-04, 10:53 PM
Ahh nice mobo im Jelious!!!

Uto, it looks like your mobo's Defibbelator is fibbelated! Better send it to me and i can fix it in my work shop!

(santa2)

MUYA
12-27-04, 10:54 PM
there is n\only one feeling going through my mind atm..and many others no doubt.....yeah it begins with J. (mikec)

:D

Pls do give us some feedback etc!!! :D

SLI no doubt? GTs or Ultras?

jAkUp
12-27-04, 10:57 PM
Probably GT's... not sure yet, I'm going a piece at a time now ;)

MUYA
12-27-04, 11:05 PM
...mmmmmmm GT SLI...garagggggghhh

/me drools

erm

/me wipes mouth

Ya it's gonna kick butt! What GTs can u get ar your shop?

jAkUp
12-27-04, 11:11 PM
Usually EVGA's.... Maybe MSI if I'm lucky ;)

MUYA
12-27-04, 11:15 PM
MSI? they are a bit expensive aren't they? Does MSI have standard cooling or? eVGA is standard right ? I mean reference>\?

U get staff discount right? lucky bugger u!!!

superklye
12-27-04, 11:17 PM
You lucky sumbitch

Bad_Boy
12-27-04, 11:36 PM
o h m y g o d.

i cant wait till i get my sli shiz together :)
so jelous right now!

marry me jakup? ;)

edit: btw, how much it cost you?

$n][pErMan
12-28-04, 12:18 AM
Damit!!! What ever happened to the days of just 1 video card was the best!!! Im not liking this two video card stuff as next time I upgrade it a year or two im going ot have to spend twice the money :(

jAkUp
12-28-04, 12:40 AM
edit: btw, how much it cost you?

right around $200

PSYCHODAD
12-28-04, 12:43 AM
Very nice. I ordered this one today. Also a 3500+ 90nm.

http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_id=4886474_12_2_47_116&Pagecode=SEARCH_ALL&Item_code=MBA9_ASUS_A8_NS&USER_ID=www

1337_Like_ThaT
12-28-04, 04:21 AM
Man jakUp, some 1337 salesman must of convinced you into getting this bad boy huh? ;).... Awesome deck, everyone will envy you at work, though I still feel you should go with Ultra SLI's, cuz if your going all out, then go all out my friend!

BladeRunner
12-28-04, 06:21 AM
Man jakUp, some 1337 salesman must of convinced you into getting this bad boy huh? ;).... Awesome deck, everyone will envy you at work, though I still feel you should go with Ultra SLI's, cuz if your going all out, then go all out my friend!

Don't know what it's like in other countries but in the UK I got two Leadtek GT's (consecutive as well), mainly because they were the only 6800GT's I could find in stock anywhere, ultra's not a chance.... I too wanted ultras but I'd still have a non working SLi setup if I'd waited. This is often the problem with new hardware but it's been particularly bad with this round of top end cards both X800XT PE & 6800 Ultra have been very hard if not impossible to find initially in AGP & now in PCI-E

I was also going to get a FX55 over the FX53 I had but decided to keep it and wait for FX57....... the choices don't often come down to what you want, but more what you can actually buy. I had to pre order the mobo and annoyingly the date keep slipping on that to... fortunately it arrived a week before xmas.

jAkUp

Hope you get yours running soon, you are going to love it (xmastong) .I couldn't be happier with it so far, I've not had a single issue with it yet, and it's run all the games I've tried to date in SLI without any graphics anomalies and 100% stability. Others have reported issues but they could be heat or component choice related, as there is a good deal of heat to remove. For instance I read in the reviews the NB sink got very hot so I redid this with AS5, (standard affair was not good), and ensured it had air directed at it from a case fan. I've got 5 case fans 2 are 92mm plus the enermax 600 watt fans. Now I just need to silence the beast with some wetness... (xmasgrin)

SH64
12-28-04, 02:13 PM
Traitor ! .. you didnt say you're going SLI ! :p
"jealous" word is way too good to describe my feelings right now :p .. errmm good luck anyways & keep us updated on your progress ! :D

|JuiceZ|
12-28-04, 03:01 PM
....and there was a time you used to be my friend! :D

Congrats man, can't wait to hear once you have everything hooked up! ;)

jAkUp
12-29-04, 08:25 PM
Guys, looks like I have the opportunity to get 2 6800 Ultra's... EVGA. They are available, so we will see what happens...

Gator
12-29-04, 09:50 PM
:firedevil That's hot!!!

Man I remember less than a year ago when I was the envy of all with my A64 3200 S754. Man how quickly technology grows.

Looking forward to your finished pics and benches!

Request: have your girl model with the new computer ;) (xmaskiss)

GlowStick
12-30-04, 12:27 AM
Guys, looks like I have the opportunity to get 2 6800 Ultra's... EVGA. They are available, so we will see what happens...
ahhh lucky dog you!

:clap:

jAkUp
01-01-05, 12:53 AM
ok its official... my 2 6800 ultras are paid for and on the way, I will get them monday... as for the CPU, almost here :) I still have to wait until the 6th to get the new brackets for my CPU water block :(

1337_Like_ThaT
01-01-05, 03:59 PM
ok its official... my 2 6800 ultras are paid for and on the way, I will get them monday... as for the CPU, almost here :) I still have to wait until the 6th to get the new brackets for my CPU water block :(

I envy you now Jacob :drooling:

Now for you to top it off with buying an FX-55 Chip (snowlol) (snowlol) wo0t

CainSyris
01-01-05, 05:35 PM
Congrats.

I would advise you to look over the Asus nForce4 SLI threads at anandtech and hardocp's forums to be sure you get the most from your motherboard because a lot of people there are talking about memory scores being dismal and we wouldn't want you to get a bad impression of A64's based on something as simple as your motherboard.

Personally, I'm going to wait for dualcore AMD chips and then go with the newer motherboard and SLI. Make it dual all the way. Dual Maxtor 300gig'ers, dual core, dual LAN, dual channel memory, dual graphics. That is, provided nVidia releases an updated GF that has the purevideo improvements in their entirety for the highend.

MUYA
01-02-05, 12:05 AM
(mikec)

:D

GlowStick
01-02-05, 01:36 AM
Woot Woot

Phat loot :D