PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Motherboard Manufacturer

jAkUp
12-28-04, 12:59 AM
What do you think? Personally, I prefer Abit, although I just purchased an A8N-SLI from Asus.

rewt
12-28-04, 01:28 AM
I heard DFI makes some of the best motherboards for overclocking. I was thinking of getting one of those LanParty NF2 boards or maybe the Ultra Infinity. My MSI board is limiting me to only 1.675 vCore on my new CPU. :( I asked MSI to do something about it they just keep beating around the bush.. So I don't think I'll be buying anything from them again.

marqmajere
12-28-04, 01:39 AM
If I had to choose one, I'd choose Asus. I have the A7N8X deluxe and it's the best mobo I ever bought.

rewt
12-28-04, 03:02 AM
Yeah I was looking at that one too. It looked like an excellent board. But I read up on it and is limited to 1.85 vCore in the BIOS. That is way better than my current board, but the DFI actually go all the way up to 2.05 volts for the CPU! I could probably get my 2500+ up to 2.7 GHz with that much voltage (and proper cooling of course).

superklye
12-28-04, 03:26 AM
Biostar. I love the M7NCD Pro. Sure, it may not have all the features and stuff that other nForce2 boards have, but for $47, it has everything and then some that I could need/want.

I despise MSI. I had nothing but problems with the SiS 745 chipset I used to have. It isn't their fault, the it's the crappy company I ordered from that told me the 2600+ I ordered would work on the board. Well, it didn't. Why? Because that MSI board didn't support Bartons and I had a Barton. It was 3 weeks from hell, their customer support was a bunch of morons and they did nothing to try and help. They kept quoting the latest BIOS that claimed support up to 2600+ but refused to believe in any other cores. Even after showing them the AMD site and the emails I got from AMD explaining that it was a Barton core and wouldn't work on the board, they still refused. So because of that, MSI has been tarnished forever for me.

Slyder
12-28-04, 04:06 AM
Mine used to be Gigabyte, but there latest boards have started shipping with that Nforce crap, so I will have to look for something else.

Gigabyte gets my vote for now... ;)

1337_Like_ThaT
12-28-04, 04:14 AM
jakUp, man you forgot to list ECS on this poll!!!!! So you forced me into chosing Abit :D

1337_Like_ThaT
12-28-04, 04:17 AM
Mine used to be Gigabyte, but there latest boards have started shipping with that Nforce crap, so I will have to look for something else.

Gigabyte gets my vote for now... ;)

UMMmm Nforce crap???? speaking from someone who utilizes GiGayByte, Okay whatever, go home and enjoy your VIA :D

Slyder
12-28-04, 06:26 AM
UMMmm Nforce crap???? speaking from someone who utilizes GiGayByte, Okay whatever, go home and enjoy your VIA :D

A mature and adult response.

I congratulate you ;)

Riptide
12-28-04, 09:27 AM
Asus. That said, I don't think any of the manufacturers are really all that great. Most of the time their RMA process is a PITA (Abit is horrible here btw) and their products always leave something to be desired. I have never had a motherboard which didn't have one quirk or another. It's the one component in the computer that is seemingly never perfect. There's always something to whine about with them.

|JuiceZ|
12-28-04, 09:34 AM
As far as product go the NF7s v2.0 was one my favs, so my vote goes to Abit. Asus & MSI rank up there as well. Fortunately haven't had to deal with any of their RMA processes which is prollly a pain.

mustrum
12-28-04, 09:43 AM
Voted for Asus since my former nforce 2 board was without any trouble.
Currently owning a MSI wich is an OC champ but it's the buggies piece of hardware i ever owned. It's bios is more or less hit or miss.
I am happy with my system but one thing i know: Quality wise there's a huge difference between Asus and MSI.
Too bad the MSI is the only good nforce 3 ULTRA board around.

_Thanatos_
12-29-04, 11:23 AM
Abit...

DiscipleDOC
12-29-04, 11:29 AM
Voted for Asus since my former nforce 2 board was without any trouble.
Currently owning a MSI wich is an OC champ but it's the buggies piece of hardware i ever owned. It's bios is more or less hit or miss.
I am happy with my system but one thing i know: Quality wise there's a huge difference between Asus and MSI.
Too bad the MSI is the only good nforce 3 ULTRA board around.
I agree. I'm using MSI now, and I have no complaints either.

SH64
12-29-04, 03:08 PM
I'll go with MSI as well .

GamerGuyX
12-29-04, 03:11 PM
Why is Intel not on this list!? Not everybody likes to overclock you know... :p

MOC
12-29-04, 08:53 PM
Had to pick up a 754 board in a fix,and the only one left .lol
was the Abit KV8-Pro ,booted first try ,and has been rock solid.
I'd buy an Abit board again ,plus the price was right.

Gator
12-29-04, 09:43 PM
I only buy Asus or Gigabyte