PDA

View Full Version : Video card fan cable to MB header

DaShadow
12-28-04, 04:04 PM
I have been searching everywhere for a cable that that will allow me to run by video card fan from the MB header.

The video card fan plug is one of those mini-2pin plugs and the MB header is the standard sized 3-pin headers.

Anyone know where I kind find one of these? This would allow me to control my video card fan with Speedfan, slow it down during 2D work, and kick it during Gaming.

Yes, I understand I'm a lunatic and will fry my card, so if you feel the need to advise me not to, consider it done. :D

Thanks!

lone_bullet
12-28-04, 04:59 PM
why don't you just buy a arctic silencer or fan with potmeter ? way easier ( i think )
anyway tell me if you've found something...m looking to contron my GPUfan too but have little budget vor additional fan ( for now that is )

Lone

DaShadow
12-28-04, 05:02 PM
why don't you just buy a arctic silencer or fan with potmeter ? way easier ( i think )
Because this if for an 8500AIW that does not have a replaceable heatsink, if the fan goes bad, you have to buy the specific version (ADDA), kinda stinks.

Besides the Artic silencers probably wouldn't fit since it is in my Shuttle and I am limited on space in there. ;)

I already use Speedfan to control my PS and ICE cooler fans and it works like a champ, virtually silent PC, except when I put the 8500 in the. :(