PDA

View Full Version : Now that you've got a 6800 do you ever buy games just for the eye candy?

Decimator
12-28-04, 03:22 PM
..Or mainly for the eye candy? I have to admit I wasn't really intending to buy Far Cry, but after I heard about the HDR in the game I decided to buy a copy (albeit 2nd hand) to check it out. (snow=D) (rudolf)

|MaguS|
12-28-04, 03:24 PM
I buy a game based on if I like it or not, graphics rarely influence my decision in a purchase.

Decimator
12-28-04, 03:29 PM
Good for you! (xmasgrin)

T.h.o.m.a.s.
12-28-04, 03:34 PM
i download a game first to try it out,
if its good then i'll buy it (rudolf)

WeReWoLf
12-28-04, 05:33 PM
I only buy games when i like them. I review all the ones that my second job sends me (unfortunately i have to send em back... cheapskates) and i buy the ones that i like. I get em at a discount because i do the reviews for a gamestore/magazine. But no, eyecandy doesn't draw me in mostly... sometimes it does, but not very often. What attracts me is gameplay and longetivity.

superklye
12-28-04, 05:59 PM
I hate to say it, but I really can't play games anymore that don't look good. If I'm not wowed by the graphics, I don't want to waste my time playing something that could be putting the $411 I spent to good use.

jAkUp
12-28-04, 06:24 PM
Same here, even if the game is sucky, nice graphics will keep me entertained for a few weeks

Decimator
12-28-04, 06:36 PM
Same here, even if the game is sucky, nice graphics will keep me entertained for a few weeks

Yup, that's pretty much what I think, and I'm surprised that anyone would spend $400+ on a graphics card if they didn't feel like that, seeing as you can play all the big new games reasonably well on a 9600 Pro/whatever, just as long as you don't mind turning the settings/res down a bit (snowman)