PDA

View Full Version : 67.03 Java Text Blur Bug


Ruined
12-28-04, 11:21 PM
Seems everytime a program or website loads the Java Runtime Environment the screen text gets all blurry. When the JRE is unloaded, or if I change refresh rate/etc, it goes back to normal. This is using both 1.4.2 latest and 5.0 update 1 of JRE and Nvidia 67.03 drivers. Any ideas?

dmumu
12-29-04, 02:39 AM
when this happened to me, was all about trojans/spyware :D so take care, you never know ....

saturnotaku
12-29-04, 06:34 AM
Seems everytime a program or website loads the Java Runtime Environment the screen text gets all blurry. When the JRE is unloaded, or if I change refresh rate/etc, it goes back to normal. This is using both 1.4.2 latest and 5.0 update 1 of JRE and Nvidia 67.03 drivers. Any ideas?

Is there a site you can link us to that demonstrates this?

racingx
12-29-04, 07:31 AM
Set FSAA to app controlled in the Nvidia control panel and it should clear your problem right up. I have noticed this problem since the 61.77 drivers. Oddly enough the 71.20 drivers did not show this problem.

Ruined
12-29-04, 01:23 PM
Set FSAA to app controlled in the Nvidia control panel and it should clear your problem right up. I have noticed this problem since the 61.77 drivers. Oddly enough the 71.20 drivers did not show this problem.

Wow that did it. Weird bug. Never had it until I installed 67.03, ran 61.77 for a long time.

Ruined
12-29-04, 02:26 PM
Is there a site you can link us to that demonstrates this?

For instance, if I reboot my computer with 4xAA enabled, then go to:
http://www.guitarvision.com/mf/mf_frameset.htm
or
http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/rl/index.htm

It may make the text blur

Setting to Application AA makes it go away.

tardeaux
12-29-04, 04:18 PM
I've seen this before, but only with the 2xQ AA mode.
Maybe try making a profile for either your browser's or JRE's executable with AA set to AC (haven't had the bug in a while, so not sure if i can even try to test the theory)

Update: Tested it anyway... was able to reproduce bug by setting general AA to 2xQ, then was able to defeat it by adding a profile for firefox.exe that forced AA to app-ctrl. Just substitute firefox.exe as iexplore.exe, mozilla.exe, or whatever your browser calls itself. Hope this helps!