PDA

View Full Version : I got the pny 6800 gt 256 need some help

Scar13
12-29-04, 10:41 AM
How do I go about over clocking it and what is a standerd safe spot for this card?

I am not real sure on how to use the riva tunner? Are there any things other then just overclocking it I can do?

I also have a p4 3.02 how do I go about over clocking it in the bios? Mother board is a msi neo 848 P if that helps...

Scar13
12-29-04, 10:52 AM
Also, My apreature is set for 64 megs is that correct for having a 256 meg card?

I was told the higher memory the card has the lower you want to set the agp apreature?

Try4Ce
12-29-04, 11:59 AM
I dont know much about overclocking the PNY 6800GT cuz' i dont know what cooler is installed.... if its the reference nvidia cooler, its more hard to say.
I would go SLOWLY up from Core 350Mhz to 400Mhz ... in 10Mhz steps, after every step u should start some 3D App to look for artifacts. Plus i recommend downloading RivaTuner to monitor ur GPU Temps while playing a GPU intensive 3D App. 70C is my absolute maximum Temp!!
With memory u shouldn't mess around for the beginning....

So, now for the AGP Apature Size.
Dont know whats the optimum for this, but my Apature Size is set to 256MB... runs smooth and havent got any problems tho. But maybe someone can tell me whats the best setting for us 6800GT owners (xmasgrin)

saturnotaku
12-29-04, 12:46 PM
How do I go about over clocking it and what is a standerd safe spot for this card?

Search this forum for Coolbits.

I also have a p4 3.02 how do I go about over clocking it in the bios? Mother board is a msi neo 848 P if that helps...

(google)

There are many an overclocking guide available online. Do your homework thoroughly and then if you have any specific questions, come back.

$n][pErMan
12-29-04, 12:50 PM
Higher apature size = better. Someone explained this in great detail in another thread and im to lazy to find it. But higher = better if you have a gig of ram. Id suggest these settings:
512mb ram = 128mb Apature size
1024mb ram = 256mb Apature size