PDA

View Full Version : Zalman 6 Chn Headphones.

K007
12-29-04, 08:41 PM
Anyone use em? I find it pretty ****, it looks nice when u fold it, but when u use it....its a waste of money.

Cant return it, but man it sux so bad, its ok for music, but for games its so **** :(.

jAkUp
12-29-04, 08:44 PM
I have them... they work ok for me, although I've never really tried any other headphones :) Except those super cheapy ones

K007
12-29-04, 09:03 PM
i had a sony hp250 and its about 2 years old and the quality in that is bloody amazing compared to these ones. in AUS the sony one was 50 bucks, these ones are 97 and man they are just not worth it a bit. If you want quality, stay away from these ones.

anzak
12-29-04, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I was just about to order them. How does the surround sound work? Does it really sound like a full 5.1 set? Thanks.

K007
12-29-04, 10:10 PM
lol no, the front and the back is so terrible, the quality is so..god its not worth the money man, its not good, not worth a cent, the only thing good is the stupid mic, the rest is crap, ive already tossed it away and back on my old ones and just using the mic thats it.

I tried them again. Read is soo bad. Throw a smoke on the ground in cs source and you can tell right away its really bad. Also its real tight in your head, not that comfortable.

Now you know, you have been warned, these headphones are not that good.

If i am wrong please tell me what i am doing wrong.

I use soundman , pick 6 chan, ran a test and ran cs source. The quality is so bad, i have used z 640 speakers and they are soo good. If you want sorrund get speakers and save the money, its not worth 1c.

zoomy942
12-30-04, 12:28 PM
i thought about getting the zalmans but i didnt like the idea of having to climb under my desk everytime i needed to change from speakers to headphones..

so i got these

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-401-016&depa=0

the 5.1 works great and i have heard that the zalmans are hard to hear in the ceneter channel, and now according to a previous post, other channels as well. i had perfect sound with these.. and the best part is they have a passthrough on the amp so i can plug my headphones and speakers into the little box and anytime i want to change from headphones to speakers, i just flip a switch. its freakin great

$n][pErMan
12-30-04, 01:32 PM
Im using some good old aiwa headphones. Work great. 2.1 on headphones sounds close enough to 5.1 speakers at night when you don't wanna wake people up :-p

Starscream
12-30-04, 02:38 PM
I tried those at a lan party once, and they are definitely crap.

They've got nothing on my old HP-800v's. http://www.palmgarden.com.tw/education(2).htm

anzak
12-30-04, 02:44 PM
Well, damn. I don't have room for 6 speakers. lol Anyways, thanks, I'll avoid these.

Da Alians
12-31-04, 11:18 PM
they're not too bad...but they are retarded when i tell it to use 5.1, but its decent when i use 4...but the actual surround feeling is there but meh.

Badboy_12345
01-01-05, 02:24 PM
I ordered these and they should be arriving tomorrow. they are not that expensive and I want to try em out.

I learnt one thing in my life thats dont believe a random person on a random message board that says something is crap :p

it could be your soundcard or your settings or your computer or your ears ;)

I read some reviews about them and I dont expect them to be headphones made by nasa or have the same sound quality as Logitechs Z-5500 speakers, I expect them to be average

jolle
01-01-05, 06:26 PM
Mine works great, never used any really "high end" stereo headphones so I cant complain on the sound (no reference), but I could imagine a pair of expensive KOSS or Seinheiser has better sound quality in em.
Most reviews share the same conclusions on these, great for gaming, so and so for DVDs and no no for music.
Which suits me fine, I game with them and listen to music or movies via my Stereo.

The surround works great IMO.
Takes some configuring tho as (atleast I THINK) only Front out as Headphone Amps on most soundcards (atleast integrated) so they are ALOT louder then Center and Rear, so I have Front Right and Left set to almost lowest in my Nvidia sound controlpanel (integrated ALC850 using NV drivers).
Real easy to spot were people are in FPS gaming by sound alone compared to stereo headphones.

I would imagine a real 5.1 speaker set has even more pronounced surround as the speakers are further appart and away from you, but I cant use those as I share this appartment with others, and I couldnt take a 5.1 set to a LAN either.
No idea how they compare to other 5.1 Headphones, there are a few others (not counting "fake" simulating ones)

Da Alians
01-02-05, 10:42 PM
i thought about getting the zalmans but i didnt like the idea of having to climb under my desk everytime i needed to change from speakers to headphones..

i went out and splurged and bought 3 stereo splitter things, so i can easily switch to surround headphones by turining the big speakers off (xmasgrin)

as for the quality of the headphones as compared to the 5.1 speakers...speakers sound alot better, i guess the speakers actually being physically away from you help as well

1337_Like_ThaT
01-03-05, 07:42 PM
It's all about the Plantronics DSP 500's ;)

wo0t the best sounding headset I've ever used! Buy it now!!

Badboy_12345
01-03-05, 07:59 PM
It's all about the Plantronics DSP 500's ;)

wo0t the best sounding headset I've ever used! Buy it now!!

maybe they are but what has that got to do with 5.1 Headphones? :confused:
we are comparing 5.1 headphones here not stereo

zoomy942
01-03-05, 08:26 PM
maybe they are but what has that got to do with 5.1 Headphones? :confused:
we are comparing 5.1 headphones here not stereo

true, but one man's "just stereo" may be another's "music to his ears"

1337_Like_ThaT
01-04-05, 02:02 AM

LOL wo0t wo0t nicely said :D

Badboy_12345
01-04-05, 10:36 AM

you are still comparing apples to oranges

zoomy942
01-04-05, 10:57 AM
you are still comparing apples to oranges

but some people do like oranges and dont like apples. and vice cersa :)

Badboy_12345
01-04-05, 11:06 AM
but some people do like oranges and dont like apples. and vice cersa :)

yeah but then post about oranges in a thread about oranges and not about apples :p

zoomy942
01-04-05, 11:08 AM
yeah but then post about oranges in a thread about oranges and not about apples :p

touchee'

Badboy_12345
01-04-05, 05:58 PM
I finally got the Zalman 6chn headphones! there was a hold up at the post office :mad:
And they are better than what I was expecting.
You can hear when something is behind or infront of you it is not as good as a 5.1 speaker setup but it is pefectly acceptable. I can exactly pinpoint where the sound is coming from when playing Counterstrike, HL2, Doom 3 etc etc.
One thing that they are not good for is music, I dont know what it is Im no audiofreak but it just sounds wrong.

Good for gaming and movies
Bad for music

UPDATE:
I think I found the problem on the music I think its the bass that makes it sound strange, I turned it down some notches and it sounded much better for me but still feels a little off.

Update 2 :p :
bass down, trebel up in the creative surround mixer :thumbsup: