PDA

View Full Version : MX510 How to remove the weight?

K007
12-29-04, 09:20 PM
Its soo heavy! (snowman)

nvm i got it off. Its soo much better without it :D

Nutty
12-30-04, 04:02 PM
You wanna explain to others how ? Your post as its stands isn't the most useful to ppl :)

qballshalls2002
12-31-04, 08:06 PM
Its soo heavy! (snowman)

nvm i got it off. Its soo much better without it :D

Here ya go buddy! Im too lazy to remove mine. LOL

http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040709/logitech-08.html

Riptide
01-01-05, 10:28 AM
That link doesn't really show how to get the base of the mouse off. How are you supposed to get at the screws in the first place?

npras42
01-01-05, 11:00 AM
Peel the stickers back. :)

Riptide
01-01-05, 11:04 AM
lol Thanks man. Peeling them off right now. :)

PaiN
01-01-05, 11:19 AM
You guys are girly-men.... ;)
I luv the weight of my 510...

Riptide
01-01-05, 02:11 PM
Hrm... My blue 510 didn't have a weight. Guess maybe that's why it said it was 10% lighter on the box.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/3071/5109bk.jpg

My older red 510 did have a weight in it though.

PaiN
01-01-05, 05:36 PM
Hmm...?? I didn't notice any difference, since I just got a new MX510 "blue"
I have both an older red and new blue at home, I'll have to compair weights when I get back.

Q
01-02-05, 02:24 AM
People...when you do this BE CAREFUL! I took my mouse completely apart so I could clean it. When I put it back together...I just BARELY tightened the outer most screws. The plastic shattered surrounding all but one screw. It was crazy! Maybe mine was just fragile or already cracked or something. But wow. It was crappy.

Please. Be careful.

1337_Like_ThaT
01-02-05, 04:43 AM
Guys c'mon there isn't that much difference between the weight sizes. Be real men and take the extra weight. :D I've used the mx700 and mx1000, 2 mice much heavier than previous mice and i've gained muscles on my fingers!! :D

PaiN
01-02-05, 05:22 AM
I think Rip got the "Special Girly-Man Edition" because my red & blue MX's are the exact same weight ....hehehe :)

Riptide
01-02-05, 09:32 AM
I think the newer 510's that say 10% lighter on the box just don't come with these weights in them. I used to use an MX700 (still do @ work) and the weight isn't really bothersome. But a lighter mouse might mean a fraction of a second better reaction time in FPS so if there's any possible benefit from it... I'll take it outta there. :)

1337_Like_ThaT
01-03-05, 12:58 PM
I think the newer 510's that say 10% lighter on the box just don't come with these weights in them. I used to use an MX700 (still do @ work) and the weight isn't really bothersome. But a lighter mouse might mean a fraction of a second better reaction time in FPS so if there's any possible benefit from it... I'll take it outta there. :)

LOL True True, that split second better in reaction time may mean the result in a frag or victory, especially in CS ;) I also believe the type of mouse pad you utilize is a small factor gameplay performance. Whether you use no mouse pad, or a 1337 one like a RatPad, sometimes the smoother glide may make all the difference!

|JuiceZ|
01-03-05, 01:03 PM

It doesn't matter, I'd still pwn you in UTIG! :D

Riptide
01-03-05, 01:20 PM
Whether you use no mouse pad, or a 1337 one like a RatPad, sometimes the smoother glide may make all the difference!
I like my RatPadz except for the fact that they wear out so quickly. I'm always having to lubricate them with a little Pledge or they start going to hell in a major hurry. Very disposable items.

Riptide
01-03-05, 01:21 PM
It doesn't matter, I'd still pwn you in UTIG! :D
Hah I haven't played UT2K4 in a while now... Been 100% addicted to CS:Source for over a month now. :)

|JuiceZ|
01-03-05, 01:41 PM
Hah I haven't played UT2K4 in a while now... Been 100% addicted to CS:Source for over a month now. :)

Tell me about, all I play is CS:S now as well, heh. What server you play on?

Sad, ut2k4 online community is no longer what is once was, hardly anyone plays even plays ctf IG either. I personally just got burnt out after playing so hardcore after a couple yrs.

Riptide
01-03-05, 01:48 PM
Tell me about, all I play is CS:S now as well, heh. What server you play on?
I don't play on any server in particular. I have a few problems with the server browser and it usually takes several tries to get into any server. So I just keep going down the list until I hit one that connects. I don't know what the problem is.
Sad, ut2k4 online community is no longer what is once was, hardly anyone plays even plays ctf IG either. I personally just got burnt out after playing so hardcore after a couple yrs.
It's a great game but I'm like most people in that I get interested in games and kinda focus on one particular one for a while and then move on. I will probably go back to UT2004 eventually once I get sick of CS:S. I used to try and get on the USSR server all the time but it's constantly crowded and very difficult to get on even now.

1337_Like_ThaT
01-03-05, 06:13 PM

I hear ya Riptide. CS Source is like a drug addiction. You can never get enough of it, and with every frag you get, it makes you want to play more and more!! :D

...and RatPadz do wear out very easily. They need to make some revision of that is life-time gauranteed :D wo0t