PDA

View Full Version : Can't save Screen position when using TV-out

sponken23
12-30-04, 03:57 PM
I just got a Geforce 6600 GT and I found out that you can't use the third party utility TV Tool with this card. I have played around with the Forceware drivers and I get a rather good TV-out quality. My only problem is that when I try to save a preset of my settings, the screen position won't save with it. All other settings like flicker filter and brightness saves, but the position doesn't work. It seems like the position is saved but completely at the wrong position because when I choose my preset it always jumps to the same place, were half the picture is off-screen.

This is very irritating, not only because I have to adjust the position each time I want to use TV-out, but also because I use Reclock to get a smooth framerate on the TV. Reclock makes every frame of a movie sync to the refresh rate of the TV which makes all movies play much smoother. Reclock is dependant on the screen position so each time I change it to a new position it has to recalculate it's settings which takes as long as 7 minutes. In other words I have to do this each time I want to watch at movie.

Does anyone have the same problem or know a way around it?

sponken23
12-31-04, 03:38 AM
I have tried both the 66.93 and the 67.03 drivers but with no luck. Since all Geforce cards now use the MV TV-chip I can't get a different card to solve the problem. I'm thinking of returning this card and getting a ATI card instead.