12-31-04, 05:17 PM
No Longer needed.

Sazar
12-31-04, 05:38 PM
I'd help you but I have a sckt 754...

next best thing == bumping

ilal2ielli
12-31-04, 06:37 PM
newcastles, as far as i know, are supported in all bios versions. if it won't post, download the latest bios to a floppy and rename it to A8V.ROM. turn on your computer and start pressing alt-f2 to get the motherboard to do its bios update. i forgot what asus calls that, but it works, because that's how many people updated their bios when winchesters weren't supported in the shipping bios.

Kickus_assius
12-31-04, 06:47 PM
I tried that but the floppy never kicks in and I think you need to have display come up for that. I can't even get any display to come up on the screen. I think it's a Newcastle, the number is ADA3500DEP4AW.

ilal2ielli
12-31-04, 09:26 PM
might have a dead cpu... but let's hope its not. i have a spare A8V that i could send you, but i'm in the US. if you can't find anyone else to help out, i can, but it's up to you since i'm in the states.

Kickus_assius
01-01-05, 01:16 AM
Ok thanks, I am hopefully getting a BIOS chip sent for the board with updated BIOS, so if that doesn't work out I will definitely consider it.

Kickus_assius
01-07-05, 07:26 PM
Bump. Anyone with a CPU? I would be willing to buy rather than rent, especially from someone else in Canada.