PDA

View Full Version : Jurassic Park Far Cry Multiplayer Mod Released

jAkUp
01-01-05, 03:28 PM
http://www.ulray.ch/jpmod/eng/index.php

superklye
01-01-05, 03:46 PM
I can't find a damned screenshot for this mod anywhere. Though, the dinosaurs in the banner look terrible. :( I hope they fixed them up a bit for this release.

Edge
01-01-05, 04:13 PM
They released a video of the multiplayer component on their website (you can also get it from gametrails.com). Also, I think the dinosaurs in the banner are from the original X-isle demo. Though how could you not find any screenshots of it? The link to the download page has about a dozen of them.

superklye
01-01-05, 04:31 PM
They released a video of the multiplayer component on their website (you can also get it from gametrails.com). Also, I think the dinosaurs in the banner are from the original X-isle demo. Though how could you not find any screenshots of it? The link to the download page has about a dozen of them.
When I click on the link to go to the gallery I get the message: "The Gallery are currently offline."

superklye
01-01-05, 04:33 PM
*is embarassed* Ohhh...I didn't go to the FarCryHQ link, so I didn't see those...wow...this game looks awesome.

Edge
01-01-05, 05:20 PM
Oh, and here's a link to the multiplayer video. Looks alright, but I'm gonna try it myself quick to see if it's worth playing with Farcry's netcode.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=4303&type=mov

superklye
01-01-05, 07:55 PM
It would've been nice to see a few more dinosaurs in the movie for the mod about DINOSAURS.

Edge
01-01-05, 08:11 PM
Well, multiplayer is just with humans, dinosaurs are only going to be in the single-player game (for now at least).

Anyway, I loaded up a quick game, and it was alright. A few new things: an extra weapon or two, new gameplay modes (capture the egg, which is basically just CTF), a new HUD, and a different skin for the jeep, but right now it's obviously fairly early (I don't think they even have animations or textures for the new weapons done). It has potential, but the MP mod that was released is a bit simplistic right now. Might be cool once they make some more progress, it would be pretty neat seeing a "survival coop" or something in multiplayer where you fend off dinosaurs togeather. Seems like they're really in dire need of an animator though. Oh, and a translator would be nice too, right now the game is in German :)

stncttr908
01-01-05, 08:40 PM
"On the 31th of December?"

Heh, looks kinda promising though.

jAkUp
01-02-05, 12:33 AM
I wish they could throw in some dino's for co-op...

superklye
01-02-05, 01:16 AM
I wish they could throw in some dino's for co-op...
That's what I'm saying...I don't care if they look crappy, just give us SOMETHING!

|MaguS|
01-02-05, 06:11 AM
Wow... if it didn't tell me it was a jurassic park mod, I would have never known untill I saw the jeep... combat and maps don't really feel like jurassic park and the gameplay from what they shown is just normal DM...

Maybe SP will be good but the MP aspect looks lame...

BioHazZarD
01-02-05, 07:03 AM
no SP ? Bah multi sucked anyway.

Razorman
01-03-05, 04:28 PM
Mod will be history inside a month once Universal Studios get wind of it.

Edge
01-03-05, 07:57 PM
Mod will be history inside a month once Universal Studios get wind of it.

Yeah, I'm worried about that too. That's why I'm wishing they didn't push the "Jurassic Park Mod" name so much, they're going to attract some unwanted attention. Hopefully since it's being made in Germany it will be a bit harder for the legal hounds to hunt them down, but it's still probably a matter of time.