PDA

View Full Version : nVidia 6200 cards

BigE4u
01-02-05, 02:02 AM
Soon to hit the market im sure... but if this is going to turn out to be anything like the fx5200 fiasco, i say forget it. According to "the inquirer"(nv front page), it will not even support SM3.0 so why even bother.

jAkUp
01-02-05, 02:05 AM
I hope they are planning something a little more powerful for the low end market. A suprising number of people buy these for gaming. Releasing powerful low end cards pushing the industry forward... so us who spend the bucks get better gaming experiences as well ;)

ynnek
01-02-05, 03:21 AM
actually, the way I read it, the 6200 will support shader 3.0..

"Nvidia wants to make Shader 3.0 available for all of its customers as many of them still have AGP systems."

"This will put some additional pressure on ATI, as it still does not support Shader model 3.0." It = ATI

I'm just guessing, the 6200 will be as fast as say, a 9600XT.. with SM 3.0 support, but probably would be too slow.... filling the low end niche, to be the vid card for base systems.

rohit
01-02-05, 04:07 AM
helo, nv 6200 agp will hav the infamouse HSI bridge.
So if pci-e supports SM3.0, Agp will suport it too.!
It will b a good replacement of the fx5200. will be successfull.

Edge
01-02-05, 10:52 AM
I don't see how it can be bad either way, what do you expect for a card that retails for $100? And really for it's time the FX5200 was a decent card for the price (probably the best budget card, since the only other retail card that was still availible at that price was the ATI 9000), it's just that getting a GF3/GF4 or 8500 was a far better value...if you could find them. But the 6200 definatly looks to be by far the best new budget card you can get, you'd be lucky to get a 9600 standard for that price. Even if it doesn't have SM3.0 support (which it may or may not), it still has the updated AA/Aniso algorithims and usable DX9 support. I mean really, 95% of the people who will be buying these cards don't even know anything about computers, at least it will be a fairly up-to-date budget solution that should be able to play any modern or near future game at 1024x768 without AA/Aniso (which is what most of these people who buy budget cards run games at...since they never change it from the game's default).

adpr 02
01-02-05, 02:37 PM
I used to be like that a long time ago, and yes. what you just sayed makes sense 100%. that is exactly what nvidia meant these cards to do, and the market they were aiming them at. Who knows if it is REALLY cheep, I might buy the worst model for my little bro so he can play Halo also. that is another thing. You can buy these cards if you have a good one like the 6600gt, and put them in your other pc. doesn't break the wallet, but lets others play games.
my other pc is a P3 500mhz. lol.

OH, did you guys hear? you can unlock extra pipes on a 6200 to make it NEARLY as good as a 6600gt. it overclocks A LOT also.

test
01-02-05, 05:00 PM
Overclocking will only help to a certain extent. And the card chews up alot of your system memory, which I don't like at all.

BigE4u
01-02-05, 08:40 PM
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what this card is made of and see what it can do...

Ps- Personally, i'd rather save up for a 6800GT!

seeker
01-02-06, 05:31 AM
I'm more than a little confused by this thread, because it speaks of the 6200 in the future tense. I now have a PNY 6200, which works well for regular operation, and I have found that some details in games are much improved, however, I'm having some major problems running games (as I mentioned in another thread). All of this said, I really don't know much about this card, because I have only had it installed a few days. If this card is supposed to be so good, I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong?

Gentle
01-02-06, 12:26 PM
I would recommend you check the date on the posts before yours a little more closely.

Gentle

CaptNKILL
01-02-06, 01:14 PM
:lol:
Took me a while to catch that its 06 now :p