PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! Startup Beeps

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 03:10 AM
Ok so im installing a new USB+Firewire card on my moms computer and dusted the inside out with a can of air, I also took out the Graphics card to clean it out as well, But the fan was hard to spin Possibility 1, She had been know icing lately that here photo program was locking up, so I cleaned it off and told her about it and said that tomorrow we would need to go get a new fan or video card, but she said that she needed to use it tonight for email ect, so im plugging the stuff in and when to come boot up all it dose is make Long constint beeps at me. Beeeeeeeeeep...................... ..........Beeeeeeeeep.................... forever, I donít know what it is and am running out of time like 30 min so if anyone know what this could mean post it.

AMD XP 1700
Kt333 Dragon lite
Kyro II 64MB
256 DDR 333

jAkUp
01-02-05, 03:24 AM
Do you have a spare card you can throw in?

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 03:27 AM
Video Card only a PCI right now but Ill try, Im also seeing if its the ram too.

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 03:41 AM
I got a AGP card from the other work computer as well as well my ram and both test failed still beeps, Im right now checking to see if its the power supply, Ill let you know.......

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 03:45 AM
Power supply test failed....

rewt
01-02-05, 04:07 AM
how'd ya test it?

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 04:16 AM
Turned it on and it still did the same thing even with the other ram and video card.

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 04:21 AM
http://amazingtechs.com/index.php?&act=ST&f=47&t=19282

When I tried to restart it no all I get is a long beep, followed by a long pause, followed by another long beep, etc. and never stopping.

It turns out I had knocked the RAM chip loose, they snapped it back in and I was set to go. And it didn't cost me a dime. Needless to say I'd recommend Renaissance to others.

It could be Ram related but I have tried all the ports with the original ram and another from my pc and its still doing this, could it be possible well that I killed the motherboard. :(

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 11:14 AM
Anyone ??????

zoomy942
01-02-05, 01:37 PM
try taking out the ram and make sre it still beeps at you when you turn it on, if it does, take out the processor and see if it still beeps at you. lastly try having the ram in and the proc out. when i hear that beeping, 99% of the time it is one of those 2 that have tried to die. also, since you cleaned out the case, make 10000% sure that there isnt any dust in the ram slots cause bad connects.

XP_GUN
01-02-05, 03:41 PM
Yeah there was no dust I was cleaning for about a hour this morning. Then we just got back from Frys our second trip down there this morning too, we picked up the first time a Gigabyte Motherboard with a BFG Geforce FX 5200 128MB and during the installing found out there went any holes to attach the Zalman Cpu cooler onto to board, so off we go again and got a EliteGroup Board and so I begin to install the parts all was good until the Zalman fans mounts were hitting the motherboards power things, so I ran out side and cut one of the mounts off which worked out pretty good. Then I started the computer and got the BSOD for not even a second and restarted, so right now I got one of my old 30GB drives out and am installing XP on it.....

Ill get some pictures in a few.....