PDA

View Full Version : No Color on TV out

sqeaky
01-02-05, 07:43 PM
I Have a BFG 6800 oc, and I am using a Sony lcd monitor as my main monitor and a tv as my secondary monitor. I just want to have the same image on both screens, everything seems to be woking fine POST all the way through play half life 2, all of it shows up on the tv and lcd, but none of it has any color.

I assumed it was some kid of hardware issue, as drivers could not affect post/bios colors so I tried a new cable and I checked all the connections, but I really have no clue what is causing this.

Mud
01-02-05, 08:28 PM
am i reading that right? no colour on the monitor too? o_O

set the tv to composite, see if that works, but given no colour on the monitor i wouldn't hold up high hopes...

Cota
01-02-05, 08:58 PM
I'm assuming you lcd uses DVI, and I also assume you are using clone mode.

If that's so then you are probably using PAL TV standard instead of NTSC or viceversa depending on your region.

Set it accordingly on the propesties of the tv display and that should solve the issue.

One note:
I don't know if this applies to the 6800, but I can't use DVI and tv out when gaming in my bfg 5900 at the same time. I can use VGA and TV out tough.

sqeaky
01-02-05, 10:58 PM
My LCD can use either vga or dvi, currently I have it hooked into vga, it has correct color.

I have the drivers set to NTSC-M currently which is correct for my current region NE, USA. However the driver setting should not (does it, I could be wrong) affect the BIOS and POST displaying in black and white, on the TV.

I will try setting the drivers to composite, I will let you guys know what that did. I will also check my TV and see if it has any settings that could affect this.

edit-----

When the Drivers are set to composite, the TV displays "unusable signal", when set back to svideo it again displays the correct picture without color.

Subtestube
01-02-05, 11:11 PM
Sqeaky - I'm currently suffering from the same problem. No matter what I set the TV system to, the TV-Out is always B&W. I'm fairly certain it's a BIOS issue, as the previous version of the BIOS for my card worked in colour on TV-Out, but had innumerable other problems with actual monitor detection. I've contacted Gigabyte about it, and will keep you posted with their replies (when they finally come).

Cota
01-02-05, 11:40 PM
My LCD can use either vga or dvi, currently I have it hooked into vga, it has correct color.

I have the drivers set to NTSC-M currently which is correct for my current region NE, USA. However the driver setting should not (does it, I could be wrong) affect the BIOS and POST displaying in black and white, on the TV.

I will try setting the drivers to composite, I will let you guys know what that did. I will also check my TV and see if it has any settings that could affect this.

edit-----

When the Drivers are set to composite, the TV displays "unusable signal", when set back to svideo it again displays the correct picture without color.

So you can use VGA and tv out with color?

So the limitation of DVI and TV at the same time is also on the 6800.

Well it makes sense, as the DVI and TV share the same output and the VGA is independent. So probably the video signal is not strong enough to display DVI and TV.

I remember having a similar problem with my GF3ti200, I couldn't use the vga and TV out at the same time, I could enable it via TVtool, but both displays were black and white.

sqeaky
01-03-05, 12:05 AM
***So you can use VGA and tv out with color?

No tv is black and white always.
Monitor is color.

Regardless of driver settings.

ant
12-24-06, 11:51 PM

I have the drivers set to NTSC-M currently which is correct for my current region NE, USA. However the driver setting should not (does it, I could be wrong) affect the BIOS and POST displaying in black and white, on the TV.Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same exact problem. Even my splash screens in BIOS, CMOS, Windows' bootup, etc. are the same. I doubt it is the driver.