PDA

View Full Version : Lots of PSP Info!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Bad_Boy
01-03-05, 10:36 PM
I posted this over at the [H] and I dont wanna leave anybody out so here you go fellas :)

the PSP will be getting two more titles that guarantee it will give the DS a fight for its market share. The games aren't even remotely related, but each has a large fanbase.

Sam Houser, VP of Rockstar, has confirmed that a new Grand Theft Auto is currently in development for the PSP. The developer of the game is the same studios responsible for Max Payne on GBA.

Also, Level 5 has confirmed that Dark Cloud 3 is also in development for the PSP. No other details have been revealed so far.

There isn't a great deal of information on either of these and also no statements that these will not appear on consoles as well. It's certainly possible some kind of connectivity could be involved between PSP and PS2.

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4109
GTA on psp...omg I cant wait. (lets hope its not the birds eye view gta and real 3d)

EA will demonstrate six PSP titles to the press on the 6th (@ CES)

Need For Speed Underground Rivals
FIFA
NBA Street
NFL Street
Tiger Woods
MVP Baseball

http://img11.exs.cx/img11/2416/DSC599.jpg

The wait to find out exactly when the Sony PSP will launch in North America (and how much it will cost) will soon be over.
SCEA has mailed out invitations to select press for a gala event scheduled to take place on Wednesday, January 5th in Las Vegas. The invitation specifically mentions that the purpose of the event is to unveil the PSP hardware, pricing, and launch games for the North American market.

EA Games and EA Sports will hold a similar meeting the following day to show off their 2005 video game line-up, which will include six PSP titles.

Not coincidentally, also taking place this week in Las Vegas is the International Consumer Electronics Show, which starts January 6th and runs through the 9th. Sony will have the PSP on display on the show floor and attendees will be able to sample some of the unit's hottest games

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/news3/new.asp?newID=33

so in 2 days we will most likely find out price, launch date, and line up. :cool:

PSP accessories in the future
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050103005440&newsLang=en

-- Theater Experience PSP(TM), a case/stand for Sony PSP(TM) with built-in hi-fi speakers that extend the PSP's play time threefold and delivers a full sound experience

-- PSP Charger Case(TM), an aluminum battery/charger case that extends the Sony PSP's play time by three times and protects the device from water and shock

-- Screen Armor PSP(TM), a metal device that protects the PSP screen against scratches, nicks and wear and tear

damn i love the psp :D

GamerGuyX
01-03-05, 10:41 PM
Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! :thumbsup:

Bad_Boy
01-03-05, 10:43 PM
Omg! Omg! Omg! Omg! :thumbsup:
took the words right out of my mouth when i first saw this news :D

Mr. Hunt
01-04-05, 12:10 AM
That is awesome... GTA games aren't my favorite... but I KNOW it will be a big selling point for PSP... and I am pulling for Sony to win this round of the handheld war since I want Nintendo to get out of the hardware business.

XP_GUN
01-04-05, 12:12 AM
PSP is sounding even better by the weeks Im almost thinking of getting one.

MUYA
01-04-05, 12:17 AM
hmm Basic pack+that alu charger case..... Perfect! :D

saturnotaku
01-04-05, 07:33 AM
Hmm...I was planning on getting a DS myself, but looking at that list (Tiger Woods, GTA and let's not forget Gran Turismo 4) I might just go with a PSP instead. Decisions, decisions.

sytaylor
01-04-05, 07:39 AM
I was thinking maybe PSP, then defintely PSP, now with the extra battery pack I'm starting to think the DS is dead in the water without a Pokemon like phenomenon.

aAv7
01-04-05, 11:27 AM
PSP looks tempting, but i'll wait till the game library has a few top notch titles in it and the hype dies down before I worry about getting one

saturnotaku
01-04-05, 11:59 AM
I was thinking maybe PSP, then defintely PSP, now with the extra battery pack I'm starting to think the DS is dead in the water without a Pokemon like phenomenon.

If Nintendo figures out a way to get the DS to interface with the Gamecube, then I'll reconsider that purchase as I happen to love Mario Golf both on the GBA and GC. I don't care if they do it wirelessly or with a cabled connector, I would want the ability to port GBA golf characters onto the cube.

surfhurleydude
01-04-05, 01:49 PM
I have an import PSP... Best 500 bucks I ever spent!!!!!!!!!!

Bad_Boy
01-04-05, 02:12 PM
dont leave us hangin? pics? info? :D

MUYA
01-04-05, 08:12 PM
OMG! wow!!!! $500

Was that the basic or value pack dude?

Saw it for real the other day. Is is incredibly small, seems smaller than a game gear, the size of 3G phone maybe. But that LCD is nice and big and probably fits 70% of the PSP front! :D

Vagrant Zero
01-04-05, 08:51 PM
PSP = Put your ****ty girlfriend in the Portapotty....

ya.

Dark Cloud 3 has me sold.

NightFire
01-04-05, 09:24 PM
The price was supposed to be around $250 - $300 US, last time I heard. I'm thinking the Japanese import would slightly more expensive than its north american counterpart, as well as using the circle button to select, and x to cancel, opposite of what we do here in the US.

GamerGuyX
01-04-05, 09:44 PM
The price was supposed to be around $250 - $300 US, last time I heard.

Actually the Japanese PSP is retailing for the equivalent of $175.

MUYA
01-04-05, 09:47 PM
The prices in Hong Kong reccomended I mean are HK$ 1600 or so for the basic pack, which includes the PSP, and charger only. The Valur pack which includes a PSP, charger, headphones, leather carrying case and memory stick costs HK$2000.

For US$ conversion, divide by 7.8.

Bad_Boy
01-04-05, 10:03 PM
1600 / 7.8 = 205.128205
dunno if thats entirely correct, all the big gaming sites when they went to japan bought their psp's for 185 or so.

http://www.psinext.com/itex.php?iid=331

As shown on the official PSP website, the handheld will be available in two very affordable packages; standard and value. The standard pack will retail at 19,800 yen ($185) and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter and a battery pack. The value pack, on the other hand, will retail for 5,000 yen more at 24,800 yen ($232), and will include the handheld itself, an AC adapter, a battery pack, a 32MB Memory Stick Duo, a set of headphones with a remote control, and a soft case & hand strap.

i guess its just the value of the dollar. i cant wait to find out the US price tommorrow.

MUYA
01-04-05, 10:18 PM
Value packs are going to HK$3000+ at the moment at some places.

GamerGuyX
01-04-05, 10:21 PM
Value packs are going to HK$3000+ at the moment at some places.

Well obviously. Look how short supply the PSP is in. Of course its going to be sold for a lot right now.

MUYA
01-04-05, 10:28 PM
Well obviously. Look how short supply the PSP is in. Of course its going to be sold for a lot right now.
Yes, I was in Mr Obvious mode.

GamerGuyX
01-04-05, 10:33 PM
Yes, I was in Mr Obvious mode.

Wait a minute what? Are you mocking me? I seriously can't tell. :confused: (ack)

MUYA
01-04-05, 10:41 PM
No I am making it obvious that i know why the PSP would be priced higer than reccomended price set by Sony due to shortages.

GamerGuyX
01-04-05, 10:44 PM
No I am making it obvious that i know why the PSP would be priced higer than reccomended price set by Sony due to shortages.

Oh okay...

Hey I've had a long day. :D

MUYA
01-04-05, 10:48 PM
Oh okay...

Hey I've had a long day. :D

My day is just starting!! :( well maybe not, lunch time soon!