PDA

View Full Version : overclocking potential Galaxy 6800nu

square_imp2
01-04-05, 11:57 AM
I successfully ordered a galaxy 6800NU today and it should be arriving tomorrow, I chose this one because it has quicker 2.2ns memory that will hopefully overclock well. What have been ure experiences with overclocking this model?? can the extra pipes/shaders be unlocked or flashed???

saturnotaku
01-04-05, 03:12 PM
What have been ure experiences with overclocking this model??

That's going to be hard to answer because only a very small handful of forum members even have a Galaxy-branded card to begin with. They don't sell their products in N. America, at least at any of the well-known online or brick-and-mortar shops.

can the extra pipes/shaders be unlocked or flashed???

You'll have to download RivaTuner and check for yourself. The odds are generally less than 50/50 and in a lot of cases you can unlock the extra pipes, but you'll lose pretty much all ability to overclock the card.

Jethro
01-04-05, 06:58 PM
my 2.2ns ram does up to 950 without any artifacts but it will get hot!

Overclocking is not disabled but rather the internal clock testing gets buggy and can easily be worked around.

MUYA
01-04-05, 07:55 PM
I think the Galaxy 6800NU model has a artic silver galcier cooling solution on it for some overclocking headroom. Post some results, it should be interesting! :D