PDA

View Full Version : 6800 cool viva premium is good.

maverik
01-05-05, 01:53 AM
Hi, i got my geforce 6800 6 days back. its inno3d tornado coolviva premium geforce 6800 128mb.
i took me a while to install, because the gap between the agp slot and the northbridge was less than 2.5cm, so i had to call a professional, who set up the card and also solved the problem of northbridge.
The card, is amazing, till now. all the features are amazing.

some games worked flawlessly on the card while some are giving me problems
doom3: i got this game, worked horribly bad on my 5200 earlier, now is unbelivibly amazing.
Hl2: dont have cash to buy this game. will get it next month
COD (got bundled) : amazing game, works well.
CS worked well anyways.
Farcry IS just beautifull:

nfs ug 2: crashes in 10mins for some reason. gives me errors. also is too dark. (i think due to overheating)
prince of persia warrior within crashes for no reason.

Now, the important part, i worked with this card for past 3 days for atleast 15hrs each day, trying many games
the temperatures seem to be a little high. its hot here & also my case is locked, with 1 case fan.
Cards temps: Ambient temp: 52 C, Idle temp: 55 C, temperature while playing games: 69C - 72C
My cpu temps : Idle 55C and on playing games 65-67C. Mboard temps 37& 42C
This cards fan is running at a very low rpm (2500 rpm approximately), inno3d site states that it runs at a low rpm to maintain fan noise level below 23dB, and i am sure the fan makes no noise at all. i cant hear any sound of it. its running. only if i can increase the fan speed i think the cards temperature will fall down.

After these 3 days of testing, i conclude, i love this card.
anything i can do to improve performance even further?. how to use pixel shaders 3, and how to make use of hardware video acceleration. Does it help in encoding VCD?

using driver version 61.77 whql. P4 2.8 HT, intel 865gbf motherboard, inno3d 6800 cool viva premium. 512mb hynix ram 266mhz.
thank you all, sorry for the long post. :)

saturnotaku
01-05-05, 05:31 AM
After these 3 days of testing, i conclude, i love this card.
anything i can do to improve performance even further?. how to use pixel shaders 3, and how to make use of hardware video acceleration. Does it help in encoding VCD?

using driver version 61.77 whql. P4 2.8 HT, intel 865gbf motherboard, inno3d 6800 cool viva premium. 512mb hynix ram 266mhz.
thank you all, sorry for the long post. :)

It's not your video card that's overheating. Those temps are perfectly normal. I would be concerned about those CPU temps. If you're breaking 70, then you should invest in some better cooling in the form of a new heatsink/fan as well as some improved case fans.

To further improve performance, your system RAM is holding you back. Upgrade to 1 GB of quality PC3200. With that Intel board you won't be able to overclock so go for the lowest latency stuff you can find.

PS 3.0 works in games that support it, which at the moment is Far Cry only. The video acceleration function is only for playback, not encoding. And it's not completely functional. Do a search in this forum as there have been several lengthy discussions on it.

maverik
01-06-05, 01:18 AM
ok
thank you