PDA

View Full Version : new disappearing mouse cursor problem?

rei
01-06-05, 01:13 PM
i suspect this has something to do with video (nvidia) drivers or something to do with hardware cursor...

if i leave my pc overnight now the cursor disappears. it's stillt here, but the icon seems gone or frozen in place somewhere. if i wave mouse around, things get selected still but no fidgeting around in mouse control panel applet will get it back. turning on trails will show the trails though.

using nvidia 67.03b drivers, ms wireless intellimouse explorer 2.0, intellipoint 5.2 drivers.

anyone run into this? i usually notice it after loading up WoW...so it could be WoW hardware cursor causing it but i've never had issues before. hmm.

ackster
01-15-05, 10:05 AM
I get the same missing mouse cursor, but my problem starts right from the start of X . I'm searching the forums as I type this.

-A :mad:

racingx
01-16-05, 10:21 AM
Yes this is a problem when using v-sync and triple buffer together the only solution in WOW I found to stop it happening is to disable the hardware mouse cursor. Sucks because the same thing happens to me in EQ2 but it gives you no option to disable it in EQ2 so the only option you have is to turn down hardware accleration a notch in DXDiag options or disable v-sync and triple buffering.

rei
01-16-05, 12:33 PM
if i turn on software cursor, that comes back, but the hardware cursor disappears from windows until the next reboot basically.