PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte is taking over the world!!!

PaiN
01-07-05, 11:50 AM
Seriously, this company is stepping up and innovating like crazy. First, the dual core 3D1 6600GT....Now this! "World's First Dual PCI-Express Motherboard for the Intel® Platform.Intel-based GA-8I915P"
http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/News/News_605.htm

I can't wait to what's next :D

PaiN
01-07-05, 11:53 AM
oops :confused: ....I meant to put this in the motherboard forum...

FastM
01-07-05, 12:25 PM
We have been using Giga-byte for many years at the comp store i work at. Their quality is amazing considering the cheap price.

digitaljaguar38
01-07-05, 12:54 PM
Gigabyte sucks I have had my last three mobos with them and there bios sucks butt. MSI all the way!

anzak
01-07-05, 01:12 PM
Gigabyte sucks I have had my last three mobos with them and there bios sucks butt. MSI all the way!

What are you smoking? Chaintech owns you all! Just kidding! Im an Asus fan but this Chaintech board was to good of a deal to pass up.

Getting back on topic, Gigabyte is breaking many boundaries. Expect other companies to follow in their foot steps soon.

PaiN
01-07-05, 01:23 PM
Wow! all the hostility :spank: ................

An Intel sLGA775 i915 SLI capable motherboard ...what's to get hostile about ????

GamerGuyX
01-07-05, 01:29 PM
Wow! all the hostility :spank: ................

An Intel sLGA775 i915 SLI capable motherboard ...what's to get hostile about ????

Wait a minute just because it has Dual PCI-Express slots doesn't mean its SLI compatible...does it?

superklye
01-07-05, 01:49 PM
Wait a minute just because it has Dual PCI-Express slots doesn't mean its SLI compatible...does it?
I would assume it would...otherwise, what's the point?

bkswaney
01-07-05, 03:08 PM
I'm running a GB board now and love it.
I'll buy GB again. That's for sure. :)

Nice looking board. :D

Pandora's Box
01-07-05, 03:26 PM
We have been using Giga-byte for many years at the comp store i work at. Their quality is amazing considering the cheap price.

cheap price? yeah right. most expensive 939 nforce 3 mobo.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-254&depa=1

1337_Like_ThaT
01-07-05, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry guys but I don't do giGAYbyte products....I'm sure their upcoming Intel board with dual PCI-E will have SLI support, especially since Nvidia will be producing chipsets for Intel :)

Sorry, don't mean to cause anymore hostility in this thread than what has already been casued :p

Go Abit! Go! :D

GamerGuyX
01-07-05, 05:57 PM
I would assume it would...otherwise, what's the point?

Good point. :D

PaiN
01-07-05, 06:27 PM
I'm not big fan of Gigabyte products either.......imo, they're "too much show and not enough go"
But you have to admitt Gigabyte is doing some awesome things......if the Abit's & Asus's follow suit we're in for a good year

npras42
01-07-05, 08:40 PM
I've had one Gigabyte mobo and I cant say anything bad really. Maybe they didnt update BIOS often enough but the thing was stable and fast. Have gone with ASUS since due to reputation and I cant say I've been disappointed, but Gigabyte really look like they are fighting back. Maybe my next purchase will return me to their custom.

Treason
01-07-05, 09:45 PM
Well, Gigabyte is one of the rare companies who go both nVidia and ATi. I'm sure they would have more than enough capital to venture into exotic products like dual GPU video cards and intel-based SLI motherboards.

jAkUp
01-07-05, 11:48 PM
Gigabyte is ok... just IMO they bundle too many completely useless features, I wish they would just concentrate on overclocking and stability. I prefer boards that are simple, and do what 99% of the people use them for. Asus borders on too many features also... instant music??!! Talking BIOS??!! Give me more voltages and Multipliers anyday :)

I usually prefer Abit, although my ASUS has been rock solid so far.

CainSyris
01-07-05, 11:54 PM
Damn shame Gigabyte didn't waste less time developing crap like a oncard SLI or an SLI for i915 nobody wants to use and then shovel out Marvell-based Gigabit controllers on their nForce3ultra motherboards rather than use the gigabit controller already integrated on the chipset.

Or perhaps work a little harder to guarantee memory compatibility was up to snuff on said nF3U-based A64 motherboard so that people wouldn't find memory just giving errors if you overclocked in the slightest on a motherboard supposedly designed to overclock...

Heh. At least its stable at stock. I wouldn't buy another Gigabyte board, though, if intending to overclock. The memory issues on this board have soured me on GB for a long, long time.

Gator
01-12-05, 01:07 PM
I currently have 3 different Gigabyte boards and a Gigabyte video card right now in my home. Everything seems to be running quite smoothly. I'm not sure I understand the hostility, but I guess since I'm not really an overclocker I cn't appreciate the feature Gigabyte boards may lack. Stability wise I have no problems with mine, and I definetly like the physical look and layout of the Gigabyte boards I have. I plan to continue sticking with them for the long haul. And yes they definetly try for some original ideas like dual GPU video cards and the DPS feature on some motherboards. Gotta give them credit for creativity. But from what I hear if overclocking is your thing you simply gotta go Abit.