PDA

View Full Version : Do you use Digital Vibrance?

xCLAVEx
11-22-02, 07:08 AM
Question is in the topic. Digital vibrance may be better for gaming, but for watching DVD movies on the computer it makes people look a little red, but when surfing the net or playing a game, digital vibrance not being on makes the colors look a little washed out. What settings do you guys use for a good balance or do you just switch between the colors depending on what you are doing?

darkmiasma
11-22-02, 08:17 AM
I used to use low digital vibrance, but i feel medium is exactly how everything should look to me.

Chalnoth
11-22-02, 08:22 AM
I generally use medium DV, and I like it most for watching movies.

thcdru2k
11-22-02, 08:38 AM
i use medium with dets >41.03. with 41.03 i use low.

Tactics
11-22-02, 09:42 AM
Where and what is DV? driver related? thx

darkmiasma
11-22-02, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Tactics

DV = Digital Vibrance and it is driver related.

You don't have it because you have a GF2 ... it is on GF3 and GF4

Kruno
11-22-02, 10:00 AM
GF2 MX has DV.
I always use the maximum setting. Looks awesome IMO.

StealthHawk
11-22-02, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tactics

Digital Vibrance is a set of brightness controls located in the driver control panel. i think he may be right too, the original gf2 may not have it.

DaveW
11-22-02, 12:31 PM
It was introduced with the GeForce 2 MX I believe. Its like turning the color dial on your TV up. It makes scenes look more colorful but also less natural. Trees with luminious green leaves, people with bright orange skin etc.

saturnotaku
11-22-02, 01:12 PM
The only GeForce2 with digital vibrance is the MX. On the 41.03 drivers, I only move the slider a touch past the off position. Everything looks awfully good with it on. :)

Gator
11-22-02, 04:28 PM
i use it, i like the pretty colors man! groovy! :cool: :p

ReDeeMeR
11-22-02, 05:06 PM
When I work(Photoshop) I turn it off, when I play I'm using low level DV.

Greg
11-22-02, 08:03 PM
I tried DV about a year ago, but decided not to stick with it because:

o The drivers at the time didn't seem to always remember to turn it on.

o It looked great in games, but applications were so bright and colorful it hurt my eyes and certain colors were real hard to see.

Perhaps I missed some kind of control that would make it turn on only in 3D modes? Certainly DV looks better than playing with the Gamma/Constrast/Brightness controls.

gravioli
11-22-02, 09:01 PM
I used it with my GF3. I would usually set it to "low", but sometimes "medium". IMO, the "high" setting was just too vibrant. :D I used it for all software; games, DVD player, etc.

StealthHawk
11-23-02, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Greg
Perhaps I missed some kind of control that would make it turn on only in 3D modes? Certainly DV looks better than playing with the Gamma/Constrast/Brightness controls.

i don't think such a thing exists. although i would certainly be interested in such a feature. i find that my desktop is just fine the way it is, but the extra brightness is very useful in games.

saturnotaku
11-23-02, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Greg
o The drivers at the time didn't seem to always remember to turn it on.

Just an FYI - in Win XP, you could solve this problem by disabling the NVIDIA Driver Helper service through your management console. Doing this didn't seem to do any harm to one's system and the problem has been fixed with the latest drivers.

Greb Jnnayr
11-23-02, 03:40 PM
Does the Radeon 9700 Pro have a digital Vibrance

volt
11-23-02, 03:53 PM
Here you go http://www.nvnews.net/previews/geforce2_mx/features.shtml

Weird, I dont see it in 40.72's :confused:

gokickrocks
11-23-02, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Greb Jnnayr
Does the Radeon 9700 Pro have a digital Vibrance

they have it, just not in the slider bar style that nvidia has it

you need to go in and edit your registry

Greb Jnnayr
11-23-02, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by gokickrocks
they have it, just not in the slider bar style that nvidia has it

you need to go in and edit your registry

How would I do that?

gokickrocks
11-23-02, 04:33 PM
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\{bunchofrandomnumbersgoinhere andvariesoneverymachine}\UIO

play with the RGB values

volt
11-23-02, 06:04 PM
nevermind i found it :)

Dazz
11-23-02, 06:08 PM
I've never really used it but i might as well but it on med and try it out for a bit. I might come to like it :)