PDA

View Full Version : Cold Boot Problem

jonesyp
01-07-05, 03:55 PM
Cold Boot Problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok heres a tough one!

I have picked up my new system,

P4 560J
ASUS P5GDC Deluxe (915P chipset)
XFX GEFORCE 6800GT PCI-E
512mb PC3200 DDRI Memory
3x 160gb HDD
2x DVD-RW
TV Card
600W Enermax PSU

ok, heres the problem.
The machine does not boot after being off for the night.
or so i though but it does actually boot into windows however there is no graphics, initially the graphics card fan does not start up, but after turning off a few times the fan does start, altho does not show a picture for another few restarts!

Point to notice,

1. this is my second PSU, thinking that it was the first PSU's low 400W power was the problem,

2. When i finally get a picture, the computer plays various games without any problems, and i can restart the machine with no bother.

3. the graphics card has an LED next to the PCI-E power connector, when it is initially started (COLD BOOT) this does not come on. Eventually after much praying it does, however this doesnt produce a picture.

4. I have tested on another monitor.

5. i have tested on a standard PCI card this does not have same problem

Please can anyone help me.

Yours jonesyp

shinrai
01-07-05, 04:55 PM
hey, i don't know if this applies to your system but i had a similar problem on mine where it would not cold boot every 3 boots or so. But running in windows\games was\is perfect (amd64 3200, 6800gt, 430antec ps). GPU was overclocked so it wasn't power.

Anyway, go to 'delay transaction' for you dves and set it to 1-2. 2 worked for me and now i don't have the problem. Not sure what it does but i later discovered the culprit was leaving a game disc in my cdrw while the pc was booting.

Hope that helps.

jonesyp
01-07-05, 06:16 PM
Couldnt find that option, Where is it, its definatly not in my BIOS,

I have the AMI bios btw

AthlonXP1800
01-08-05, 03:56 AM
Try download latest motherboard BIOS (http://www.asus.com.cn/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=22&l3_id=2&m_id=3&f_name=Gdc1006.zip~zaqwedc).

jonesyp
01-09-05, 02:15 PM
never worked, same problem