PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 6600 GT crashing problems

liel
01-07-05, 06:19 PM
i jusr bought few days ago a brand new computer....i tried to play video games such as doom 3, savage, half life etc... i had a problem with all of them.... after a few minuts the i had the same problem that alot of other people with the same card had. it just goes dead with the monitor.... i really dont know what to do .... i have 0 expiriance with computers.... so i would be very greatfull if someone can give me a solution to this problem!!!!! thanks

Cream
01-07-05, 07:53 PM
f it was me and I'd just paid out for a new P.C. I would take it back to them .....

It could be one of numerous problems..

drivers.
power.
duff parts.
bios.
built quality
windows XPSP2 (DEP)
bla bla bla....

Acme
01-07-05, 08:48 PM
Is that an AGP version of the 6600 GT? Is so, check that they did connect the power connector to the card. Many people didn't notice that the card needs it, and the problem you describe tells me that it's not connected...

P.S. Open your computer case and look for a white connector at the back of your graphics card and see if there's a cable connected to it...

liel
01-08-05, 06:33 AM
yes i have the agp version of 6600 GT , i will try what you told me to do thanks... but i forgot to say that the problem occurs only when i try playing video games ... every thing else works just fine. somone in this forum had the same problem and he sad somthing about a solution.... i didnt really understood....

"Set DirectX max draw ahead frames to 0. You can find this option under performance and quality settings > additional directx settings using nvtweak or ExtremeG drivers."

if someone can explain to me.... i'l be glad

liel
01-08-05, 06:49 AM
it works!!!!!! thanks alot!!!

BladeRunner
01-08-05, 07:01 AM
Glad you fixed it, In layman's terms. The reason it only crashed in games, is the fact games require a lot more performance from the card so in turn it requires more power.

Stick around and read some of the 6600GT topics and you'll learn fast, so you can get the most out of your new purchase. One thing is 100% true, no arguments, none of us were born with computer knowledge, despite the few that arrogantly come across as if they know it all ;)

Acme
01-08-05, 08:37 AM
it works!!!!!! thanks alot!!!

It was the cable then? If so, glad I could help... :)

I don't know why NVidia didn't do like ATI did for the 9800 Pro and display a warning message at startup when the cable isn't connected. So many people out there have this problem, and I'm sure some of them will RMA the card, thinking it's not working properly!!