PDA

View Full Version : Nalu 6800 resolution

j0j081
01-07-05, 11:40 PM
When I run the Nalu demo on my 6800GT she looks nice and everything but the resolution is so low. Is there a way to crank it up or is it set that low for technical reasons?

latinmike
01-08-05, 12:07 AM
When I run the Nalu demo on my 6800GT she looks nice and everything but the resolution is so low. Is there a way to crank it up or is it set that low for technical reasons?
look in options/ n :cool: view settings

j0j081
01-08-05, 12:41 AM
nview settings? i don't get it. more detail please...

DonB
01-08-05, 12:06 PM
You might first want to check your settings for Anti aliasing and Anisotropic filtering using the Desktop properties screen to see if you can get better results. The picture is better at higher settings but results in lower frame rates. There may also be an image quality slider that can be adjusted for performance/quality.

In the Nalu\bin folder where the demo is installed you will find two files that have entries effecting the demo resolution. The files may be set read-only so you will need to change this before editing them with Windows Notepad. Make backup copies of the files before making changes.

args.txt - Change the second line to set the desired screen resolution.

../models/mermaid.nmb
1024 768 // Window width/height
32 24 0 // color / z / stencil depth
0 // number of samples per pixel (0 == 1)
true // are we fullscreen?

It is possible to make settings that are beyond the capabilities of your monitor at its current refresh rate. If you get a blank screen, you've probably exceeded it. For example, my monitor would not display the demo at 1600 by 1200 until I lowered the refresh rate below 85 hz. Do some experimenting first using the Desktop "properties" settings as it will "auto-revert" after a short time to previous settings if not confirmed.

demoparams.txt - In the "RenderTargets" section, the RenderTarget_Primary line specifies the size of the rendered frames the demo generates. It has a major impact on the demo's frame rate so you'll need to find an acceptable setting based upon your systems capabilities. I get about 10 fps on my AMD 3200+ and 6800GT when set to 1600 by 1200 (anti-alias 4x and aniso 8x).

//---- RENDERTARGETS ---
RenderTarget_Primary = 1024 768
RenderTarget_ShadowPrimary = 1024 1024
RenderTarget_ShadowProxy = 512 512

// RenderTarget_SOFT
// RenderTarget_SOFT_BLUR

// RenderTarget_HDR

// RenderTarget_DeepShadows

// RenderTarget_GR_PreBlur
// RenderTarget_GR_Unwrap
// RenderTarget_GR_Radial

j0j081
01-08-05, 10:30 PM
thanks that's exactly what i was looking for!