PDA

View Full Version : BFG 6800GT bioses?

Chippo
01-08-05, 06:36 AM
I have 5.40.02.15.05 installed (as shipped), and I can't find any others.

Does anyone know if there are any later versions anywhere? Is there anyone with a recent BFG 6800GT who could check what their card has installed. (And maybe even save a copy somewhere for us?)

BFG told me they don't "release" later bios versions because installing them would invalidate your lifetime warranty. But I guess they might ship cards with later versions installed?

Thanks

Chip

AthlonXP1800
01-08-05, 07:23 AM
I will let you know what version I got when I receive a delivery of BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC on 11 January 2005. :)

saturnotaku
01-08-05, 07:55 AM
Are you having problems with your card? If not, there's absolutely no reason why you would need to flash to a new BIOS.

Chippo
01-08-05, 11:07 AM
Are you having problems with your card? If not, there's absolutely no reason why you would need to flash to a new BIOS.

Yes, I am thanks.

Chip

Mavke
01-09-05, 05:20 AM
I will let you know what version I got when I receive a delivery of BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC on 11 January 2005. :)
Well it would be nice if you could make a backup of it and send it to me... (mavke@mvktech.net). Cause I keep all BIOS's on my site :-)

AthlonXP1800
01-09-05, 07:09 AM
Yes, I am thanks.

Chip

Hmmm what problems you have? I hope I wont have problems when I get the card. :lol:

AthlonXP1800
01-09-05, 07:10 AM
Well it would be nice if you could make a backup of it and send it to me... (mavke@mvktech.net). Cause I keep all BIOS's on my site :-)

Thank will do that. :D

Chippo
01-09-05, 12:50 PM
Hmmm what problems you have? I hope I wont have problems when I get the card. :lol:

I am sure you will be fine.

Chip.

AthlonXP1800
01-26-05, 07:26 AM
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately I didnt get the card on 11 Jan from online retailer as they have problem getting stocks so I ended up ordered one on ebay and the card delivered from New York and I received it yesterday 25 Jan. :D I checked the card BIOS version, well it is the same version 5.40.02.15.05, I didnt have any issue with the card at all. :)

Mavke
01-26-05, 09:42 AM
Sorry for the delay, unfortunately I didnt get the card on 11 Jan from online retailer as they have problem getting stocks so I ended up ordered one on ebay and the card delivered from New York and I received it yesterday 25 Jan. :D I checked the card BIOS version, well it is the same version 5.40.02.15.05, I didnt have any issue with the card at all. :)
Did you do a full hex compare? Cause they often do changes in the BIOS without updating the version... If possible pls provide me the BIOS.
mavke@mvktech.net (mailto:mavke@mvktech.net)

AthlonXP1800
01-27-05, 02:16 AM
Did you do a full hex compare? Cause they often do changes in the BIOS without updating the version... If possible pls provide me the BIOS.
mavke@mvktech.net (mailto:mavke@mvktech.net)

I was backup the BIOS today and downloaded the BIOS from your site and compared both side using HexView, I checked through and they both are exactly the same.

Mavke
01-27-05, 02:18 AM
I was backup the BIOS today and downloaded the BIOS from your site and compared both side using HexView, I checked through and they both are exactly the same.
Well if you are certain they are the same, then I don't need it. Did you try ExamDiff? That is the best program to see if the BIOS's are identical.

Tr1cK
01-27-05, 07:45 AM
I thought flashing my BIOS would help me with the Fastwrites issue. I have went through a few of them, trying to use the newest ones I have found @ mvktech.net. I am currently on the newest Leadtek one which was dated in January sometime. None of them have helped at all, one even made the card crap out when it tried to enter 3d mode.

Mavke
01-27-05, 08:47 AM
Well FastWrites issue is not completely linked to a BIOS... You can also put that normally Off in the Mainboard BIOS.

AthlonXP1800
01-27-05, 09:35 AM
Well if you are certain they are the same, then I don't need it. Did you try ExamDiff? That is the best program to see if the BIOS's are identical.

Hmmm ExamDiff are interesting program, I downloaded and ran it, selected 2 BIOS files and a message pop up saying that both BIOS are identical, no difference found. You dont need it anyway. :)