PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Bloodline question-Tremere-Chanty-mailbox?

Fynx-Gloire
01-08-05, 04:06 PM
Hey guys,
I am at the hollywood level where I meet the Nosferatu hacker guy.
He told me to get a key in my mailbox for the computer store in Santa Monica.
Problem is, I joined the Chanty and I live there now. ( Guy with bald head )
My old mailbox has my name taken off of it ( in Santa Monica ) I also checked the mailbox in Downtown in the Hotel, but none have my name on it.
Question is WHERE THE HELL IS MY MAILBOX???

Thanks

Sean

OldOfEvil
01-08-05, 04:58 PM
You're going to kick yourself..

Right when you exit from your ( chantry ) apartment, it will be at the bottom of the stairs on the wall as a small metal sqaure in the wall before you the exit door.

Hope that made sense.

Fynx-Gloire
01-08-05, 04:59 PM
I found the mailbox, it did NOT have a key in it.
But I went to the computer place anyways and the door opened, WHEW.
It seems if you have more than one thing in the mailbox waiting for you, it will only show that you received one.
Oh well, GREAT GAME!!!!

sean

Rakeesh
01-08-05, 06:58 PM
Hmm...do you have to be a tremere in order to live in the chantry? Or do you just have to kiss the primogens butt?

I was given the option of siding up with him at the end of the game as a gangrel but I never knew that you could live in the chantry. Vampireuk got banned from the chantry as a brujah :D

Fynx-Gloire
01-08-05, 07:45 PM
Hmm...do you have to be a tremere in order to live in the chantry? Or do you just have to kiss the primogens butt?

I was given the option of siding up with him at the end of the game as a gangrel but I never knew that you could live in the chantry. Vampireuk got banned from the chantry as a brujah :D

Yeah I think you have to be a Tremere to live there. Right when you get into the place, the stairs going up is my new pad.

I am at a place in the Fu place in Chinatown and this guy has me in a room with 3 revolving blades, can amyone give ma a hint as to what to do?
I tried shooting them but nothing happens, both doors are locked as well with 2 guys looking at me.

Thanks
Sean

Rakeesh
01-10-05, 02:30 PM
I am at a place in the Fu place in Chinatown and this guy has me in a room with 3 revolving blades, can amyone give ma a hint as to what to do? I tried shooting them but nothing happens, both doors are locked as well with 2 guys looking at me.

In the back of the room you'll see three grates, you have to destroy those grates, probably with a melee weapon (or at least thats what I did anyways, I didn't use a single firearm throughout the entire game.) After you destroy each grate you'll see a little black panel in the back, one whack on that will stop each blade.

Rakeesh
01-11-05, 05:02 AM
I wonder if each clan gets a different haven in a different place...I remember noticing a locked door in ventrue tower, and theres also an empty room in the nosferatu lair which doesn't seem to be for anything specific.

My second haven was the 4th floor of the skyline apartments.

vampireuk
01-11-05, 09:08 AM
Vampireuk got banned from the chantry as a brujah :D

Damn straight :D

I told the primogen that I was going to take down the camirila and to watch his back :angel:

In the back of the room you'll see three grates, you have to destroy those grates, probably with a melee weapon (or at least thats what I did anyways, I didn't use a single firearm throughout the entire game.) After you destroy each grate you'll see a little black panel in the back, one whack on that will stop each blade.

If you have a gun you can simply shoot the box behind the grate for the blades to stop. As for havens I only have the one in Santa Monica since I keep telling the prince to f*** off when he gives me a task.

alucard_x
01-12-05, 03:26 AM
fun game that i would love to play again with a different character but theres no way with the horrible performance issues. combat with more than one enemy is next to impossible because the game is constantly hitching up and my keyboard/mouse input freezes and then the computer beeps at me when i'm trying to move in another direction.

vampireuk
01-12-05, 05:17 AM
I'm having no real performance issues once the game is loaded fully, the main problem is the damn loading times. I've never seen a game with such long loading times in my life.

Rakeesh
01-12-05, 11:21 AM
fun game that i would love to play again with a different character but theres no way with the horrible performance issues. combat with more than one enemy is next to impossible because the game is constantly hitching up and my keyboard/mouse input freezes and then the computer beeps at me when i'm trying to move in another direction.

I never had a problem with multi-person combat, just used fortitude and I was practically invincible :D

SH64
01-12-05, 02:56 PM
Q : Can you recover humanity points if you lost some ??

Rakeesh
01-12-05, 03:11 PM
Q : Can you recover humanity points if you lost some ??

Yeah, with certain quests you can. My character started with 7 and ended up at 10 very quickly in the game. Or you can spend XP to increase humanity, but it is a big waste, and you do not want to waste XP.

I think humanity points might be overrated though, at least for a gangrel anyways. I've never been in an intense combat situation in the masquerade areas, and gangrels are like gods during a frenzy (+5 stacked points to a few stats during a frenzy, combine that with fortitude and protean at the same time and its impossible for a gangrel to die.)

SH64
01-12-05, 03:17 PM
and gangrels are like gods during a frenzy (+5 stacked points to a few stats during a frenzy, combine that with fortitude and protean at the same time and its impossible for a gangrel to die.)

So when you go frezny , can you get back to your normal state afterwards ?? i though going frezny will eventually bring you to a dead end .