PDA

View Full Version : eVga Trade Up Program Experiences?

tret
01-08-05, 04:29 PM
Hey all, I bought 2x eVGA PCI Express 6800GT cards back in November for $450 each from a legit retailer through EBAY. The receipt they sent me was simply the Paypal receipt that they received payment and it has the amounts and the cards listed. I have until mid February to do the trade up with eVGA before the 90 day limit expires and I was just checking to see if anyone in the forums here has had any experiences with this program. I am interested to know any details that anyone can tell me about. Was it nice and smooth or did you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get it done. Did they give you credit for the old cards at market value or the amount you paid?

tret

superklye
01-08-05, 04:50 PM
I emailed someone about this because I was interested in going up to an Ultra but I never got around to getting on the list. I may still have time.

But the way it works is you email someone (I can't remember who, I'm sorry) and they put you on a list. As the card you're looking for becomes available, they go down the list in the order in which people signed up and give them the opportunity to buy the next card for the price of new card - old card, both at current value on their site. So if the PCIe GT is going for $400 and you want to get the Ultra for $500, they will charge you $100ea.