PDA

View Full Version : NEW RACING SIME, LOOKS & PLAYS AWSOME!!

Pages : [1] 2

scott123
01-09-05, 01:22 AM
GTR, buy Simbin. It's an awsome sim. I had to order it off Ebay (from England) but it's the best sim to date :)

http://members.cox.net/lena372/GRAB_008.jpg

|MaguS|
01-09-05, 06:40 AM
Any links? Personally would have to play a demo first to see if it can compete with GT4... which saddly, in my opinion, don't think any driving Sim can.

Shamrock
01-09-05, 08:10 AM
it's just a mod of F1 Challenge 99-02...it does have a demo (on BHMotorsports) it isnt that great. mostly eye candy.

Oh, it is a mod, that has a licensed engine for re-release as a stand alone product. SimBin bought an engine license and made the mod...nothing more.

scott123
01-09-05, 08:38 AM
it's just a mod of F1 Challenge 99-02...it does have a demo (on BHMotorsports) it isnt that great. mostly eye candy.

Oh, it is a mod, that has a licensed engine for re-release as a stand alone product. SimBin bought an engine license and made the mod...nothing more.

Shamrock, you obviously don't have your facts. This is NOTHING like the GTR mod for F1 2002.

It is the best sim on the market right now. To bad you guys are making statements, based on conjecture. You don't have the sim, and you haven't run it on your computer :rolleyes:

EDIT: Maybe look here--> http://www.10tacle.com/index.php?con=games-gtr&type=&lang=en then you can pull your foot out of thy mouth.

Try a video in Media Player here--> http://www.10tacle.com/index.php?con=downloads-videos&lang=en then tell me it's just a mod. GT4 doesn't even compare, sorry.

saturnotaku
01-09-05, 09:06 AM
It is the best sim on the market right now. To bad you guys are making statements, based on conjecture. You don't have the sim, and you haven't run it on your computer :rolleyes:

I downloaded the demo (available here (http://www.games-fusion.net/filedb/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=908)) and installed it. Nothing terribly special. Looks pretty, that's about it.

|MaguS|
01-09-05, 09:07 AM
Downloading the demo now... I will compare it to GT4 and see what I think of it...

scott123
01-09-05, 09:20 AM
The demo is based on Arcade mode I believe, not simulation mode. Everybody complained about Simbins decision to release the demo that way. Additionally, the demo only provided a field of one type of car (and all the same color). It was kinda a sucky demo (IMO), I only played it once.

There was a developer's demo released some time ago (Solo in a Lister or Morgan, on SPA), that was based on full simulation mode, but I'm not sure if it's around anymore. That's the one that conviced me.

I have GT4, as well as the old GTR Mod for F1. In my opinion this sim raises the bar by quite a bit. Comming from Nascar 2003 (by Papyrus) my expectations were high, and although there are some bugs (Simbin is working on them) it is a great sim.

I recommend you download one of the broadcast video's if you don't have the game, because they really give you idea of what it's like.

Someone will make a better sim, but right now I think GTR has done the best job so far (IMO).

|MaguS|
01-09-05, 09:25 AM
Videos cant be used to compare gameplay, as for the demo... the game sucks... nice look but its not comparable to GT4.

scott123
01-09-05, 01:56 PM
Play the video, it does provide what you need. If you haven't played the video, then you don't know. I can't figure out why you are comparing an Arcade Racing game to a sim :confused: . GT4 is an arcade game, a good one at that but Arcade. GT4 was never meant to be a simulator. They are in different catagories, and played by two different groups of people.

circuitbreaker8
01-09-05, 02:11 PM
I agree, I love this game. But, if you dont have a wheel, the game is trash. I just got my MOMO driving force ( with paddle shift ) and its one awesome game. Cant wait till it hits teh states :D

PoppinHobbit
01-09-05, 02:53 PM
The full GTR game is absolutely amazing. It's the most realistic thing you will find out there for FIA GT racing. Every car feels different, sounds different, and force feedback is good. The developer support is amazing, they just released a patch to add Spa to the game so you can do the 24 hour race there.

Mr_LoL
01-09-05, 02:59 PM
the full game is indeed amazing but its a bit too realistic for me

scott123
01-09-05, 03:00 PM
Finally some folks who understand the difference between a Sim and a Arcade racing game :)

My God...hope he wasn't trying to run GTR on a keyboard or gamepad :p

Seriously, you can't compare GT4 to GTR. They are completly different formats, that appeal to different crowds. GT4 is a great Arcade racer, but it doesn't fill the need if you want a true racing sim.

Tr1cK
01-09-05, 03:30 PM
Gran Turismo series are great (except for having to play it on a crappy old PS2), but are semi-sim IMO. I do like the fact you can play with a gamepad since I dont have a wheel. I love racing games, but just cant bring myself to buy a wheel. I had bought Live For Speed, which seemed like a nice sim, but it needs a wheel as well. Right now, Underground 2 is satisfying my racing need, especially the URL and Street-X racing. Im also with shrek on this one, I have a hard time getting into a game thats too big of a sim. Takes the fun out of it I think, makes it more work than pleasure.

circuitbreaker8
01-09-05, 03:35 PM
OT question: Can I use my momo driving force w/ the ps2? I know it has USB ports...

circuitbreaker8
01-09-05, 03:39 PM
Finally some folks who understand the difference between a Sim and a Arcade racing game :)

My God...hope he wasn't trying to run GTR on a keyboard or gamepad :p

Seriously, you can't compare GT4 to GTR. They are completly different formats, that appeal to different crowds. GT4 is a great Arcade racer, but it doesn't fill the need if you want a true racing sim.

Haha, GTR with a gamepad/ KB is a big :thumbdwn: Maybe thats why people thought it sucked lmao. GT4 is basicly an arcade game when you put it up to GTR, but then again, GT4 is a lot more open ended and has cooler looking graphics ( IMO ) and art style than GTR. I hope there is a mod that fixes the lighting in this game, cuz everything looks so boring. HDR would be perfect :o

Shamrock
01-09-05, 09:42 PM
now take YOUR foot out of YOUR mouth....I had the demo 2 months ago, and it wasnt the mod for F1 2002, it was the demo released by simbin, you know the one that leaked out early, and simbin decided to retract the demo? it was based on F1 Challenge 99-02. I played that one, and it was NOT an arcade version of it, it was the SIM version, where you could drive in the ****pit, you could even make your seat go up and down, and sit high so you could see over the hood. It had the Lister Storm (black) and the Morgan (blue)...and yes it was at spa.wipe the mud off your shoe as you pull it out your mouth. BTW, I made 2:12 at spa in the lister, can you do better?

as for what I used to play the sim? try a MOMO (red) with the 6 buttons. The sim itself has all the bells and whistles of F1C99-02, INCLUDING the bugs, like the steering centering issue, the issue where the game doesnt draw the the correct distant objects on time (this was confirmed it is the .exe and not video drivers, both ATI and NV does this) on certain tracks. and the fluctuating FPS on any video card...disabling the swaying trees takes 60% of this out.

I agree with Saturnotaku, it isnt spectacular, just eye candy.

BTW, download rFactor, it'll give the same feel as GTR, made by ISI (the maker of the game engine)

I have no love for ISI, nor Simbin....I'll wait for Dave Kaemmer's next project, it's gonna be based on CART Champ cars http://www.first-racing.net/

you want real physics? buy N2003 by Papyrus, and download this, it's MUCH better than GTR http://www.bhmotorsports.com/NR2003/TRNSAM

I'll save you guys some money, go buy F1C 99-02 and download the CTDP mod (it isnt just a carset but a complete makeover mod), it's the only thing that's came close to challenging my abilities as a racecar driver since my rally record in 2000. (see below)

Now a little about my racing history...

IndyCar Racing II
1997 -online FTRA Champion
1998 -IEC Indy Lights Champion (Indy Extended Circuit)
1999 - IEC Indy Lights Champion (again)
2000 - Mobil 1 Rally Championship (Broke Colin McRae's REAL Life record at the Rally of Wales (3rd stage))
2002 - Nascar racing 4 Thrown out of the league for accusations of cheating, because I started the season with a DQ, then charged ahead and gained 40 spots in the standings,after just 9 races
2002 - Nascar racing 2002 season - 2nd in points until the site was taken offline for administrative disagreements.

oh, and one more
1989 - came with in .7 seconds of breaking the malibu grand prix world record.

Point i make is, I've driven it all, GTR is nothing spectacular, really.

have a nice day,

Shamrock

scott123
01-09-05, 09:48 PM
OK, 99-02..... my bad. I have it and the GTR mod on my hard drive but its been a while.

I have N2003 as well as ALL the mods (trucks are my favorite). My N2003 folder is 7.2 gigs in size!

I use a TSW-2 Modified steering wheel (about $500) so I do take this seriously.

Yes Ffactor looks cooll :afro2:

PS, I'm 42 and been a CART fan since the beginning. Hope they win over the IRL and Tony G!!!!!

Shamrock
01-09-05, 09:51 PM

Shamrock
01-09-05, 09:53 PM
my teammate when I was 2nd in points in 2002 (see above) wanted to trade me his TSW and $50 cash for my MOMO, I refused, of course :)

scott123
01-09-05, 09:53 PM
now, based on YOUR conjecture, you ASSUMED I was some newbie. I said nothing about GT4, where the heck did you get that idea? I played the GTR demo (based on F1C) and it really isnt great.

Hell if I know....maybe I'm just getting old :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:

scott123
01-09-05, 09:56 PM
Momo is a great wheel, but I decided to go the TSW way years ago (Nascar roots)

PoppinHobbit
01-10-05, 10:29 PM
now take YOUR foot out of YOUR mouth....I had the demo 2 months ago, and it wasnt the mod for F1 2002, it was the demo released by simbin, you know the one that leaked out early, and simbin decided to retract the demo? it was based on F1 Challenge 99-02. I played that one, and it was NOT an arcade version of it, it was the SIM version, where you could drive in the ****pit, you could even make your seat go up and down, and sit high so you could see over the hood. It had the Lister Storm (black) and the Morgan (blue)...and yes it was at spa.wipe the mud off your shoe as you pull it out your mouth. BTW, I made 2:12 at spa in the lister, can you do better?

as for what I used to play the sim? try a MOMO (red) with the 6 buttons. The sim itself has all the bells and whistles of F1C99-02, INCLUDING the bugs, like the steering centering issue, the issue where the game doesnt draw the the correct distant objects on time (this was confirmed it is the .exe and not video drivers, both ATI and NV does this) on certain tracks. and the fluctuating FPS on any video card...disabling the swaying trees takes 60% of this out.

I agree with Saturnotaku, it isnt spectacular, just eye candy.

BTW, download rFactor, it'll give the same feel as GTR, made by ISI (the maker of the game engine)

I have no love for ISI, nor Simbin....I'll wait for Dave Kaemmer's next project, it's gonna be based on CART Champ cars http://www.first-racing.net/

you want real physics? buy N2003 by Papyrus, and download this, it's MUCH better than GTR http://www.bhmotorsports.com/NR2003/TRNSAM

I'll save you guys some money, go buy F1C 99-02 and download the CTDP mod (it isnt just a carset but a complete makeover mod), it's the only thing that's came close to challenging my abilities as a racecar driver since my rally record in 2000. (see below)

Now a little about my racing history...

IndyCar Racing II
1997 -online FTRA Champion
1998 -IEC Indy Lights Champion (Indy Extended Circuit)
1999 - IEC Indy Lights Champion (again)
2000 - Mobil 1 Rally Championship (Broke Colin McRae's REAL Life record at the Rally of Wales (3rd stage))
2002 - Nascar racing 4 Thrown out of the league for accusations of cheating, because I started the season with a DQ, then charged ahead and gained 40 spots in the standings,after just 9 races
2002 - Nascar racing 2002 season - 2nd in points until the site was taken offline for administrative disagreements.

oh, and one more
1989 - came with in .7 seconds of breaking the malibu grand prix world record.

Point i make is, I've driven it all, GTR is nothing spectacular, really.

have a nice day,

Shamrock

Wow, you've driven it all and you still can't tell what a good simulation and game is. You are especially blind towards awesome developer support. Who cares about your inflated ego and "wonderful" racing record if you can't even tell what is fun.

scott123
01-11-05, 07:36 AM
He only ran the GTR demo, so sadly, his opinion isn't qualified. Kinda hard to say GTR is "nothing special" if he hasen't run it. Not sure what he based his opinion on :screwy:

Vagrant Zero
01-11-05, 09:18 PM
He only ran the GTR demo, so sadly, his opinion isn't qualified. Kinda hard to say GTR is "nothing special" if he hasen't run it. Not sure what he based his opinion on :screwy:

Why would anyone spend money on something to qualify their opinion of it which is...it suxs. Seems self-defeating to me.

With that said stop making excuses for the developer, the demo SHOULD be representative of the final product. If it isn't that's the devs F-up.

You thought you'd stumbled upon the second coming of christ, unfortunetly for you the internet's predominant religion is non-secular.